Catherine A Peterson
Affiliation: University of Missouri
- Short-term effectiveness of an outcomes research training curriculum within a coordinated programCatherine A Peterson
Dietetics Program, Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 108:120-4. 2008..Both the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education and program directors can use the findings described herein to further assess and develop the research competencies and/or to strengthen their programs...
- Lack of skeletal effect of soy isoflavones in intact growing, female rats may be explained by constant serum estrogenic activity despite reduced serum estradiolCatherine A Peterson
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Ann Nutr Metab 52:48-57. 2008..Our aim was to determine the skeletal, reproductive, and serum estradiol (E(2))/estrogenic activity response of consuming naturally-occurring soy protein-associated IF during peripuberty...
- Serum tumor necrosis factor-alpha concentrations are negatively correlated with serum 25(OH)D concentrations in healthy womenCatherine A Peterson
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO, 65211, USA
J Inflamm (Lond) 5:10. 2008..Our overall objective was to study the relationship between vitamin D status (as determined by serum 25(OH) D concentrations) and inflammatory markers in healthy women...
- Effects of soy isoflavone consumption on bone structure and milk mineral concentration in a rat model of lactation-associated bone lossCatherine A Peterson
Dept of Nutritional Sciences, University of Missouri, 217 Gwynn Hall, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Eur J Nutr 48:84-91. 2009..Like menopause, during complete lactation, circulating estrogen concentrations are markedly reduced, resulting in amplified bone resorption...
- Use of an outcomes research collaborative training curriculum to enhance entry-level dietitians' and established professionals' self-reported understanding of researchJanet E Hays
Coordinated Program in Dietetics, University of Missouri-Columbia, 65211, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 103:77-84. 2003..This endeavor allowed us to acquire the information and experience required to make outcomes research training a more significant component of dietetics education...
- Lack of multidisciplinary collaboration is a barrier to outcomes researchJoanne K Gardner
WiseBites Nutrition Consulting Services, Green Bay, Wis, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 102:65-71. 2002..Educators, health care professionals, and dietitians must model and encourage multidisciplinary, collaborative outcomes research in diverse practice settings...