Anders I Persson
Affiliation: University of California
- The side story of stem-like glioma cellsAnders I Persson
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cell Stem Cell 4:191-2. 2009..Surprisingly, temozolomide, the first-line chemotherapeutic used for treatment of glioma, increased this side population, and even more so when PTEN was deleted...
- Non-stem cell origin for oligodendrogliomaAnders I Persson
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, 94158, USA
Cancer Cell 18:669-82. 2010..Our results suggest that oligodendroglioma cells show hallmarks of OPCs, and that a progenitor rather than a NSC origin underlies improved prognosis in patients with this tumor...
- Distinct neural stem cell populations give rise to disparate brain tumors in response to N-MYCFredrik J Swartling
University of California, Department of Neurology, Brain Tumor Research Center and Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Cancer Cell 21:601-13. 2012..These differences were regulated in part by the transcription factor SOX9, activated in the SHH subclass of human medulloblastoma. Our results demonstrate context-dependent transformation of NSCs in response to a common oncogenic signal...
- Using a preclinical mouse model of high-grade astrocytoma to optimize p53 restoration therapyKsenya Shchors
Department of Pathology, Neurology, Neurological Surgery, and Pediatrics, Sandler Neurosciences Center, and Brain Tumor Research Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E1480-9. 2013....
- miR-124 and miR-137 inhibit proliferation of glioblastoma multiforme cells and induce differentiation of brain tumor stem cellsJoachim Silber
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
BMC Med 6:14. 2008..In this study, we investigated the role of microRNAs in regulating the differentiation and proliferation of neural stem cells and glioblastoma-multiforme tumor cells...