Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Liaisons dangereuses? General anaesthetics and long-term toxicity in the CNSM Perouansky
University of Wisconsin, Department of Anesthesiology, Madison, WI, USA
Eur J Anaesthesiol 24:107-15. 2007....
- Amnesic concentrations of the nonimmobilizer 1,2-dichlorohexafluorocyclobutane (F6, 2N) and isoflurane alter hippocampal theta oscillations in vivoMisha Perouansky
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53711, USA
Anesthesiology 106:1168-76. 2007..Therefore, the authors investigated the effects of F6 and isoflurane on theta oscillations (4-12 Hz)...
- Slowing of the hippocampal θ rhythm correlates with anesthetic-induced amnesiaMisha Perouansky
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Anesthesiology 113:1299-309. 2010..Therefore, we examined the effect of three inhaled agents on properties of the θ rhythm considered critical for the formation of hippocampus-dependent memories...
- How we recall (or don't): the hippocampal memory machine and anesthetic amnesiaMisha Perouansky
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, B6 319 Clinical Science Center, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792 3272, USA
Can J Anaesth 58:157-66. 2011..We review the current understanding of the role of the hippocampal formation in the generation of memory traces and how anesthetics might interfere with its function...
- Is anesthesia caused by potentiation of synaptic or intrinsic inhibition? Recent insights into the mechanisms of volatile anestheticsM Perouansky
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol 11:83-107. 2000..These effects may underlie different components of the complex anesthetic state...