MICHAEL LLOYD PERLIS
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Comparative effectiveness of cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia: a systematic reviewMatthew D Mitchell
Center for Evidence Based Practice, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
BMC Fam Pract 13:40. 2012..Insomnia is common in primary care, can persist after co-morbid conditions are treated, and may require long-term medication treatment. A potential alternative to medications is cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I)...
- The incidence and temporal patterning of insomnia: a pilot studyMichael L Perlis
Behavioral Sleep Medicine Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Sleep Res 19:31-5. 2010..These data suggest that insomnia severity may be mediated/moderated by sleep homeostasis and that the homeostat, or input to the homeostat, may be abnormal in patients with PI...
- Problems associated with short sleep: bridging the gap between laboratory and epidemiological studiesMichael A Grandner
Center for Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology, Division of Sleep Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 125 S 31st Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Sleep Med Rev 14:239-47. 2010....
- Is insomnia a perpetuating factor for late-life depression in the IMPACT cohort?Wilfred R Pigeon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester NY, USA
Sleep 31:481-8. 2008..The present longitudinal study examines the relationship of insomnia to the continuation of depression in the context of an intervention study in elderly subjects...
- Effects of a tart cherry juice beverage on the sleep of older adults with insomnia: a pilot studyWilfred R Pigeon
Sleep and Neurophysiology Research Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Med Food 13:579-83. 2010..These effects, however, were considerably less than those for evidence-based treatments of insomnia: hypnotic agents and cognitive-behavioral therapies for insomnia...
- Sleep homeostasis in primary insomniaWilfred R Pigeon
Sleep and Neurophysiology Research Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, 300 Crittenden Blvd, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Sleep Med Rev 10:247-54. 2006..In addition, we provide a discussion regarding how hyperarousal and circadian factors may interact with altered sleep homeostasis, and suggestions for further inquiry...
- Placebo effects in primary insomniaMichael L Perlis
Sleep and Neurophysiology Research Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester, 300 Crittenden Blvd Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Sleep Med Rev 9:381-9. 2005..An appreciation of the latter phenomenon may provide increased power to detect therapeutic outcomes and may be used to potentiate clinical gains...
- Long-term, non-nightly administration of zolpidem in the treatment of patients with primary insomniaMichael L Perlis
Sleep and Neurophysiology Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester, and the University of Rochester Medical Center, Neurosciences Program, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1128-37. 2004..The present study was designed to further evaluate this issue within a large scale, double-blind, placebo-controlled, long-term trial...
- The effects of modafinil and cognitive behavior therapy on sleep continuity in patients with primary insomniaMichael L Perlis
Sleep Research Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY, USA
Sleep 27:715-25. 2004....
- Functional imaging of the sleeping brain: review of findings and implications for the study of insomniaSean P A Drummond
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego and VA San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, CA, USA
Sleep Med Rev 8:227-42. 2004....
- On the comparability of pharmacotherapy and behavior therapy for chronic insomnia. Commentary and implicationsMichael L Perlis
Sleep Research Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Psychosom Res 54:51-9. 2003....
- Comparative meta-analysis of pharmacotherapy and behavior therapy for persistent insomniaMichael T Smith
Department of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287 7218, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:5-11. 2002..The authors conducted a quantitative review of the literature on the outcome of the two treatments to compare the short-term efficacy of pharmacotherapy and behavioral therapy in primary insomnia...
- BETA EEG ACTIVITY IN INSOMNIAMichael Perlis; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, we will evaluate the extent to which high frequency activity is associated with the perception of sleep quality and quantity. ..
- The Role of Partial Reinforcement in the Long Term Management of InsomniaMICHAEL LLOYD PERLIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..If proven effective in the current application, this new approach to pharmacotherapy and placebo effects is likely to stimulate new interdisciplinary research for the treatment of a variety of chronic diseases. ..