Affiliation: University of Illinois
- Bisphenol A down-regulates rate-limiting Cyp11a1 to acutely inhibit steroidogenesis in cultured mouse antral folliclesJackye Peretz
2001 South Lincoln Ave, 3211 VMBSB, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 271:249-56. 2013..Therefore, BPA exposure likely targets Cyp11a1 and steroidogenesis, but these effects are reversible with removal of BPA exposure. ..
- Follicle-stimulating hormone responsiveness in antral follicles from aryl hydrocarbon receptor knockout miceIsabel Hernández-Ochoa
Department of Comparative Biosciences, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, Illinois 61802, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 11:26. 2013..Thus, the goal of these studies was to test the hypothesis that low FSH responsiveness is responsible for the slow growth and reduced estradiol production observed in pre-pubertal AHRKO versus WT antral follicles...
- Bisphenol A inhibits follicle growth and induces atresia in cultured mouse antral follicles independently of the genomic estrogenic pathwayJackye Peretz
Department of Comparative Biosciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, USA
Biol Reprod 87:63. 2012..These data indicate that BPA abnormally regulates cell cycle and atresia factors, and this may lead to atresia and inhibited follicle growth independently of the genomic estrogenic pathway...
- Bisphenol A impairs follicle growth, inhibits steroidogenesis, and downregulates rate-limiting enzymes in the estradiol biosynthesis pathwayJackye Peretz
Department of Comparative Biosciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61802, USA
Toxicol Sci 119:209-17. 2011..Collectively, these data show that BPA targets the estradiol biosynthesis pathway in the ovary...
- Increased sensitivity of estrogen receptor alpha overexpressing antral follicles to methoxychlor and its metabolitesTessie Paulose
Comparative Biosciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61802, USA
Toxicol Sci 120:447-59. 2011..The results also suggest that the increased sensitivity of ESR1 OE mouse ovaries to toxicity induced by MXC and its metabolites is due to low clearance of the metabolites by the liver and ovary...
- Estrogen receptor alpha overexpressing mouse antral follicles are sensitive to atresia induced by methoxychlor and its metabolitesTessie Paulose
Department of Comparative Biosciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Reprod Toxicol 33:353-60. 2012..These data suggest that ESR1 OE ovaries are more sensitive to atresia induced by MXC and its metabolites in vitro and in vivo compared to controls...
- Acute and chronic effects of oral genistein administration in neonatal miceMelissa A Cimafranca
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, Division of Nutritional Sciences, University of Illinois, 2001 S Lincoln Ave, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Biol Reprod 83:114-21. 2010..The immediate and long-term effects in this neonatal animal model raise concerns that high serum concentrations of genistein are estrogenic and could potentially impact the development of human infants fed soy formula...