Affiliation: University of California
- Muronomab-CD3 for pediatric acute myocarditisGregory Perens
Department of Pediatrics, UCLA Medical Center, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1743, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 28:21-6. 2007..By decreasing the autoimmune inflammatory response, OKT3 may hasten recovery of ventricular function and be a useful adjunct therapy for hemodynamically significant acute pediatric myocarditis...
- Clinico-pathologic findings in end-stage pediatric heart transplant graftsGregory Perens
Department of Pediatrics, Mattel Children s Hospital at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Pediatr Transplant 13:887-91. 2009..Epicardial disease with sparing of the myocardium may explain the restrictive hemodynamics and relatively preserved systolic function present in these grafts at the time of re-OHT...
- Diverse morphologic manifestations of cardiac allograft vasculopathy: a pathologic study of 64 allograft heartsWei hui Lü
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Division of Anatomic Pathology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 30:1044-50. 2011..Although there are published descriptions of the lesions, there have been no studies delineating the pathology of CAV in a large series of patients who underwent retransplantation for CAV...
- The corrected QT interval before and after heart transplantationJeremy P Moore
Pediatric Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Cardiol 104:596-601. 2009..This information can be used in pre-transplantation donor assessment, and post-transplantation management can be tailored to avoid the occurrence of ventricular arrhythmia...
- A novel association of biventricular cardiac noncompaction and diabetic embryopathy: case report and review of the literatureJennifer S Woo
1 Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, CHS 13 145, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 18:71-5. 2015..Review of the literature highlights the importance of gene expression and epigenomic regulation in cardiac embryogenesis. ..
- Humoral rejection in pediatric orthotopic heart transplantationTim W Casarez
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Mattel Children s Hospital, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 26:114-9. 2007..The role of antibody-mediated humoral rejection (HR) in graft failure has not yet been described in the pediatric population...
- Initial Experience with Sildenafil, Bosentan, and Nitric Oxide for Pediatric Cardiomyopathy Patients with Elevated Pulmonary Vascular Resistance before and after Orthotopic Heart TransplantationBabak Daftari
UCLA Medical Center, Mattel Children s Hospital, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
J Transplant 2010:656984. 2010..Only one of the cases required prolonged treatment with iloprost after OHT. Conclusions. A PVR above 6 WU should not be an absolute contraindication to heart transplantation in children...