Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- The dilemma of data-safety monitoring: provision of significant new data to research participantsJeffery Peppercorn
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7305, USA
Lancet 371:527-9. 2008
- Association between pharmaceutical involvement and outcomes in breast cancer clinical trialsJeffrey Peppercorn
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Cancer 109:1239-46. 2007..In this study, the authors sought to evaluate the impact of this shift in funding from public to private sponsors on the nature of published breast cancer clinical research...
- Genotype-guided adjuvant endocrine therapy: new tricks from an old drug?Jeffrey Peppercorn
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center CB 7305, 3009 Old Clinic Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 8:191-4. 2008....
- Clinical trials and medical care: defining the therapeutic misconceptionGail E Henderson
University of North Carolina at ChapelHill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United Statesof America
PLoS Med 4:e324. 2007
- Quantifying the recruitment challenges with couple-based interventions for cancer: applications to early-stage breast cancerSteffany J Fredman
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Psychooncology 18:667-73. 2009....
- Reporting of race and ethnicity in breast cancer research: room for improvementKelly W Mitchell
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 118:511-7. 2009..Low accrual of black subjects and failure to report accrual and outcomes by race in RCT may contribute to difficulty in understanding and overcoming health disparities in breast cancer...
- Molecular subtypes in breast cancer evaluation and management: divide and conquerJeffrey Peppercorn
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Cancer Invest 26:1-10. 2008
- Breast cancer in young women: a new color or a different shade of pink?Jeffrey Peppercorn
J Clin Oncol 26:3303-5. 2008
- Quality of life among patients with Stage II and III breast carcinoma randomized to receive high-dose chemotherapy with autologous bone marrow support or intermediate-dose chemotherapy: results from Cancer and Leukemia Group B 9066Jeffrey Peppercorn
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 104:1580-9. 2005..The patients were randomized to receive either high-dose chemotherapy with autologous stem cell support (HDC) or intermediate-dose chemotherapy (IDC) in the adjuvant setting...
- Fertility and menopausal outcomes in young breast cancer survivorsAnn H Partridge
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 8:65-9. 2008..We evaluated these outcomes among young breast cancer survivors in collaboration with the Young Survival Coalition, an international advocacy group for young women with breast cancer...
- Web-based survey of fertility issues in young women with breast cancerAnn H Partridge
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, D1210, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:4174-83. 2004..Young women with breast cancer often seek advice about whether treatment will affect their fertility. We sought to gain a better understanding of women's attitudes about fertility and how these concerns affect decision making...