Affiliation: University of Washington
- Autoimmunity in MFG-E8-deficient mice is associated with altered trafficking and enhanced cross-presentation of apoptotic cell antigensYuFeng Peng
Division of Rheumatology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Clin Invest 121:2221-41. 2011..These observations suggest that MFG-E8 deficiency promotes immune responses to self antigens not only by delaying the clearance of dying cells but also by altering intracellular processing, leading to enhanced self-antigen presentation...
- Ly6C(low) monocytes differentiate into dendritic cells and cross-tolerize T cells through PDL-1YuFeng Peng
Division of Rheumatology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Immunol 182:2777-85. 2009..These observations demonstrate that Ly6C(low) mature monocytes can promote tolerance to self Ag contained in apoptotic cells through a PDL-1-dependent mechanism...
- IGM is required for efficient complement mediated phagocytosis of apoptotic cells in vivoCarol Anne Ogden
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Autoimmunity 38:259-64. 2005....
- Unique proteomic signatures distinguish macrophages and dendritic cellsLev Becker
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33297. 2012..Unexpectedly, we found that peritoneal macrophages exhibited many features of the DCs generated in vitro. These findings demonstrate that global analysis of the membrane proteome can help define immune cell phenotypes in vivo...
- Innate and adaptive immune response to apoptotic cellsYuFeng Peng
Division of Rheumatology, 1959 NE Pacific Avenue, Box 356428, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Autoimmun 29:303-9. 2007..Inflammatory responses may be induced by nucleic acid stimulation of Toll like receptors and other immune sensors, specific intracellular proteins and non-protein (uric acid) stimulation of inflammasomes...
- The role of IgM antibodies in the recognition and clearance of apoptotic cellsYuFeng Peng
Division of Rheumatology, University of Washington, P O Box 356428, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Seattle, WA 98195 6428, USA
Mol Immunol 42:781-7. 2005..Failure to rapidly remove apoptotic cells on the other hand, allows dying cells to undergo post-apoptotic necrosis and inflammation. Natural antibodies therefore provide a previously unrecognized role in prevention of autoimmunity...