J Kim Penberthy
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Calibration of ADHD assessments across studies: a meta-analysis toolJennifer Kim Penberthy
Center for Behavioral Medicine Research, Department of Psychiatric Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, PO Box 800137, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 30:31-51. 2005....
- Evaluating readiness and treatment seeking effects in a pharmacotherapy trial for alcohol dependenceJ Kim Penberthy
Center for Addiction Research and Education, Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0623, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:1538-44. 2007..Our goal was to evaluate drinking behavior before initiating a randomized, double-blind pharmacotherapy clinical trial for alcohol dependence...
- Pharmacogenetic approach at the serotonin transporter gene as a method of reducing the severity of alcohol drinkingBankole A Johnson
Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0623, USA
Am J Psychiatry 168:265-75. 2011....
- Diabetes and driving mishaps: frequency and correlations from a multinational surveyDaniel J Cox
University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Diabetes Care 26:2329-34. 2003..This study investigated whether diabetes is associated with increased risk of driving mishaps and correlates of such a relationship...
- Impact of methylphenidate delivery profiles on driving performance of adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a pilot studyDaniel J Cox
Department of Psychiatric Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:269-75. 2004..5 hours post-dose. However, little is known about the effects of different MPH delivery profiles on driving performance throughout the day...
- Controlled-release methylphenidate improves attention during on-road driving by adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderDaniel J Cox
University of Virginia, Department of Psychiatric Medicine, Charlottesville, 22908, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 17:235-9. 2004..This study investigated whether a once-daily, long-acting, osmotic, controlled-release MPH formulation improves the driving performance of ADHD adolescents while driving their own car on an actual road segment...
- Treating smoking dependence in depressed alcoholicsNassima Ait-Daoud
Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Alcohol Res Health 29:213-20. 2006..Additional treatment strategies targeting dually dependent individuals with comorbid psychiatric disorders, including special populations such as women and adolescents, await further investigation...
- Toward prevention of alcohol exposed pregnancies: characteristics that relate to ineffective contraception and risky drinkingStefania Fabbri
UVA Center for Addiction Research and Education, Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences, University of Virginia, 1670 Discovery Drive, Suite 120, Charlottesville, VA 22911, USA
J Behav Med 32:443-52. 2009..This suggests risky drinking may be better targeted with brief skills building interventions and ineffective contraception may require interventions that enhance problem awareness and motivation...
- Combined psychophysiological assessment of ADHD: a pilot study of Bayesian probability approach illustrated by appraisal of ADHD in female college studentsRaina Robeva
Department of Mathematical Sciences, Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, Virginia 24595, USA
Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 29:1-18. 2004..The application of the proposed assessment is not limited to the specific tests used in this study--the assessment represents a general paradigm capable of accommodating a variety of ADHD tests into a single diagnostic assessment...