Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Assessing mobility in older adults: the UAB Study of Aging Life-Space AssessmentClaire Peel
University of Alabama at Birmingham, WEBB 624, 1530 3rd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35294 3361, USA
Phys Ther 85:1008-119. 2005..The purpose of this report is to describe the relationships between LSA and traditional measures of physical function, sociodemographic characteristics, depression, and cognitive status...
- A survey of fall prevention knowledge and practice patterns in home health physical therapistsClaire Peel
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Geriatr Phys Ther 31:64-70. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine home health physical therapists' (1) knowledge of fall risk factors and interventions, and (2) practice patterns regarding assessment of fall risk...
- Predictors of regaining ambulatory ability during hospitalizationCynthia J Brown
Birmingham Atlanta Veterans Affairs Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0001, USA
J Hosp Med 1:277-84. 2006..Loss of ambulatory ability with acute hospitalization is common and often does not improve by discharge...
- Exercise program implementation proves not feasible during acute care hospitalizationCynthia J Brown
Birmingham Atlanta Department of Veterans Affairs Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Birmingham, AL, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 43:939-46. 2006..Initiation of an inpatient exercise program was not feasible in the study population. The in-home program was more feasible but target criteria need refinement...
- Adherence to Exercise Scale for Older Patients (AESOP): a measure for predicting exercise adherence in older adults after discharge from home health physical therapyJason Hardage
Department of Physical Therapy, Texas State University San Marcos, TX 78666 4685, USA
J Geriatr Phys Ther 30:69-78. 2007....
- Defining community ambulation from the perspective of the older adultCynthia J Brown
Birmingham Atlanta VA Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Geriatr Phys Ther 33:56-63. 2010..Little is known regarding destinations and distances necessary for independent community ambulation after enactment of the Americans with Disability Act...
- Leisure-time physical activity and health-care utilization in older adultsMichelle Y Martin
Dept of Medicine, The Birmingham Atlanta VA Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL, USA
J Aging Phys Act 14:392-410. 2006..Being physically active might not only have health benefits for older persons but also lead to lower health-care costs...