Affiliation: University of California
- HIV-associated medical, behavioral, and psychiatric characteristics of treatment-seeking, methamphetamine-dependent men who have sex with menJames A Peck
Friends Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Addict Dis 24:115-32. 2005....
- Sustained reductions in drug use and depression symptoms from treatment for drug abuse in methamphetamine-dependent gay and bisexual menJames A Peck
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, 11075 Santa Monica Boulevard, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
J Urban Health 82:i100-8. 2005..Findings show that behavioral methamphetamine abuse treatment yields reductions in methamphetamine use and concomitant depressive symptom ratings that are sustained to 1 year after treatment entry...
- Psychiatric and substance dependence comorbidities, sexually transmitted diseases, and risk behaviors among methamphetamine-dependent gay and bisexual men seeking outpatient drug abuse treatmentSteven Shoptaw
Friends Research Institute, Inc, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 35:161-8. 2003..Findings indicate that gay and bisexual men seeking outpatient treatment for methamphetamine dependence are likely to experience psychiatric comorbidity and to have high rates of infectious disease, including HIV, syphilis and gonorrhea...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of sertraline and contingency management for the treatment of methamphetamine dependenceSteven Shoptaw
Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Department of Family Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10880 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1800, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 85:12-8. 2006..This project evaluated the efficacy of sertraline (50mg bid) and contingency management (CM) for the treatment of methamphetamine dependence...
- Contingency management among homeless, out-of-treatment men who have sex with menCathy J Reback
Friends Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 39:255-63. 2010..Findings indicate the utility of CM for this high-risk population and the feasibility of implementing the intervention in a community-based HIV prevention program...
- Behavioral treatment approaches for methamphetamine dependence and HIV-related sexual risk behaviors among urban gay and bisexual menSteven Shoptaw
Friends Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 78:125-34. 2005..This project evaluated the efficacy of four behavioral drug abuse treatments for reducing methamphetamine use and sexual risk behaviors among this population...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of baclofen and gabapentin for the treatment of methamphetamine dependenceKeith G Heinzerling
Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 85:177-84. 2006..To conduct a 16-week, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial of two GABAergic medications, baclofen (20 mg tid) and gabapentin (800 mg tid), for the treatment of methamphetamine dependence...
- The relationship between methamphetamine and popper use and risk of HIV seroconversion in the multicenter AIDS cohort studyMichael W Plankey
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:85-92. 2007..The association between methamphetamine use and HIV seroconversion for men who have sex with men (MSM) was examined using longitudinal data from the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study...