Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Work-related asthma among health care workers: surveillance data from California, Massachusetts, Michigan, and New Jersey, 1993-1997Elise Pechter
Occupational Health Surveillance Program, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02108, USA
Am J Ind Med 47:265-75. 2005..Asthma morbidity has increased, posing a public health burden. Work-related asthma (WRA) accounts for a significant proportion of adult asthma that causes serious personal and economic consequences...
- Reducing hazardous cleaning product use: a collaborative effortElise Pechter
Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Occupational Health Surveillance Program, 6th Floor, 250 Washington St, Boston, MA 02108, USA
Public Health Rep 124:45-52. 2009..OHSP's history of public health practice regarding cleaning products enabled staff to respond promptly. MassCOSH's staff expertise and commitment to immigrant workers allowed it to play a vital role...
- Cleaning products and work-related asthmaKenneth D Rosenman
Michigan State University, 117 West Fee Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Occup Environ Med 45:556-63. 2003..In the interim, we recommend attention to adequate ventilation, improved warning labels and Material Safety Data Sheets, and workplace training and education...
- New-onset asthma associated with exposure to 3-amino-5-mercapto-1,2,4-triazoleEva Hnizdo
Division of Respiratory Disease Studies, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 1095 Willowdale Road, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
J Occup Environ Med 46:1246-52. 2004..The authors conducted an investigation of a cluster of eight new-onset asthma cases identified in a chemical plant through the Sentinel Event Notification Systems for Occupational Risks (SENSOR) program...
- Health care workers and asthmaMargaret S Filios
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health NIOSH Division of Respiratory Disease Studies, Surveillance Branch, Morgantown, WV, USA
Am J Nurs 106:96. 2006
- Work-related asthma in the educational services industry: California, Massachusetts, Michigan, and New Jersey, 1993-2000Jacek M Mazurek
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, West Virginia 26505, USA
Am J Ind Med 51:47-59. 2008..To characterize work-related asthma (WRA) cases working in the educational services industry identified by state-based occupational disease surveillance systems...