Kevin A Pearce
Affiliation: University of Kentucky
- How and why to study the practice content of a practice-based research networkKevin A Pearce
Department of Family Practice and Community Medicine, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Kentucky Clinic, Lexington, KY 40536 0284, USA
Ann Fam Med 2:425-8. 2004..We describe the rationale, methods, and important lessons learned from doing a practice content study in a new practice-based research network (PBRN)...
- Cardiovascular risk education and social support (CaRESS): report of a randomized controlled trial from the Kentucky Ambulatory Network (KAN)Kevin A Pearce
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington 40536 0284, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 21:269-81. 2008..Test a practice-based intervention to foster involvement of a relative or friend for the reduction of cardiovascular risk in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Patients, practices, and relationships: challenges and lessons learned from the Kentucky Ambulatory Network (KAN) CaRESS clinical trialMargaret M Love
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Kentucky, K302 Kentucky Clinic, 740 S Limestone, Lexington, KY 40536 0284, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 19:75-84. 2006....
- Communication about complementary and alternative medicine: perspectives of primary care cliniciansMaureen A Flannery
University of Kentucky, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Lexington, KY, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 12:56-63. 2006..They need evidence-based, clinically relevant education about CAM to provide better patient care...
- The development and validation of a comorbidity index for prostate cancer among Black menSteven T Fleming
Health Services Management, University of Kentucky, 121 Washington Avenue, Room 113C, Lexington, KY 40536 0003, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 56:1064-75. 2003..We demonstrated the utility of refining the simplest model, with 27 comorbidity categories only, by adjusting for the number of different diagnoses within statistically significant categories...
- Factors relating to patient visit time with a physicianAlice W Migongo
Department of Biostatistics AWM, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506 0027, USA
Med Decis Making 32:93-104. 2012..Knowledge of patient characteristics and needs could be used to schedule office visits, potentially improving patient flow through a clinic and reducing waiting times...
- Current state of information technology use in a US primary care practice-based research networkJames E Andrews
School of Library and Information Science, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
Inform Prim Care 12:11-8. 2004..To examine the current levels of information technology (IT) use in a primary care practice-based research network (PBRN) in order to inform future development of its infrastructure...
- Communication efforts among local health departments and health care professionals during the 2009 H1N1 outbreakAngela T Dearinger
College of Medicine and College of Public Health, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 17:45-51. 2011....
- Prevalence of colorectal cancer screening among a multimorbid rural Appalachian populationSteven T Fleming
University of Kentucky College of Public Health and the College of Medicine, Lexington, KY, USA
South Med J 104:811-8. 2011..This is the first known study to address multiple morbidities exclusively with a health-disparities population...
- Can we identify medical students at admission who will enter primary care residencies?Kevin A Pearce
University of Kentucky College of Medicine, USA
J Ky Med Assoc 101:147-52. 2003....
- Practice content in residency practice compared with community practice: a study by the Kentucky Ambulatory NetworkRobert L Wood
Trover Clinic /Madisonville Family Physicians, 200 Clinic Dr, Madisonville, KY 42431, USA
J Ky Med Assoc 105:111-6. 2007
- Information-seeking behaviors of practitioners in a primary care practice-based research network (PBRN)James E Andrews
School of Library and Information Science, University of South Florida, 4202 East Fowler Avenue, CIS 1040 Tampa, Florida 33620, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 93:206-12. 2005....