T H Payne
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Transition from paper to electronic inpatient physician notesThomas H Payne
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104 2499, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 17:108-11. 2010..In general, the transition from paper to electronic notes has been regarded as valuable to patient care and hospital operations...
- Healthcare information technology and economicsThomas H Payne
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 20:212-7. 2013..We review the current state of healthcare costs, federal health IT stimulus programs, and experiences of several leading organizations, and offer a model for how health IT fits into our health economic future...
- National-scale clinical information exchange in the United Kingdom: lessons for the United StatesThomas H Payne
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104 2499, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:91-8. 2011..Great potential exists for cost reduction, increased safety, and greater patient involvement as a result of clinical information exchange...
- Improving clinical documentation in an EMR worldThomas Payne
IT services, UW Medicine, Seattle, USA
Healthc Financ Manage 64:70-4. 2010..Make the process simple for physicians to use. Train registered nurse documentation specialists to request documentation clarifications...
- Managing the life cycle of electronic clinical documentsThomas H Payne
UW Medicine Information Technology Services, University of Washington, 9725 3rd Avenue N E Room 513, Box 359104, Seattle, Washington 98115 2024, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 13:438-45. 2006..To develop a model of the life cycle of clinical documents from inception to use in a person's medical record, including workflow requirements from clinical practice, local policy, and regulation...
- Preparation and use of preconstructed orders, order sets, and order menus in a computerized provider order entry systemThomas H Payne
Academic Medical Center Information Systems, University of Washington, 9725 3rd Avenue N E, Room 400, Box 359104, Seattle, WA 98115 2024, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 10:322-9. 2003..To describe the configuration and use of the computerized provider order entry (CPOE) system used for inpatient and outpatient care at the authors' facility...
- Computer decision support systemsT H Payne
VA Puget Sound Health Care System, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
Chest 118:47S-52S. 2000..As computer-based records and order-entry systems become more common, automated decision support systems will be used more broadly...
- Evaluation of a command-line parser-based order entry pathway for the Department of Veterans Affairs electronic patient recordC Lovis
Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 8:486-98. 2001....
- Evaluating clinical decision support systems: monitoring CPOE order check override rates in the Department of Veterans Affairs' Computerized Patient Record SystemChing Ping Lin
Correspondence Ching Ping Lin, Biomedical and Health Informatics, Department of Medical Education and Biomedical Informatics, University of Washington, Box 357240, 1959 NE Pacific Street, HSB I 264, Seattle, WA 98195 7240 Email
J Am Med Inform Assoc 15:620-6. 2008..To measure critical order check override rates in VA Puget Sound Health Care System's computerized practitioner order entry (CPOE) system and to compare 2006 results to a similar 2001 study...
- Computer order entry system decreased use of sliding scale insulin regimensC E Achtmeyer
Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Methods Inf Med 41:277-81. 2002....
- The elements of electronic note styleThomas H Payne
University of Washington, USA
J AHIMA 74:68, 70. 2003
- A cross-site qualitative study of physician order entryJoan S Ash
Division of Medical Informatics and Outcomes Research, School of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201 3098, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 10:188-200. 2003..To describe the perceptions of diverse professionals involved in computerized physician order entry (POE) at sites where POE has been successfully implemented and to identify differences between teaching and nonteaching hospitals...
- Viewpoint: controversies surrounding use of order sets for clinical decision support in computerized provider order entryAnne M Bobb
Department of Quality and Operations, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 14:41-7. 2007....