Susan M C Payne
Affiliation: University of Maine
- Comparison of risk-adjustment systems for the medicaid-eligible disabled populationS M Payne
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Med Care 38:422-32. 2000....
- Utilization of medical services by Veterans Health Study (VHS) respondentsSusan M C Payne
Edmund S Muskie School of Public Service, University of Southern Maine, Portland, ME 04104, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 28:125-40. 2005....
- Case finding and referral model for emergency department elders: a randomized clinical trialLorraine C Mion
Geriatric Nursing Program, Division of Nursing, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Ann Emerg Med 41:57-68. 2003..Elderly emergency department patients have complex medical needs and limited social support. A transitional model of care adapted from hospitals was tested for its effectiveness in the ED in reducing subsequent service use...
- Risk adjusting cesarean delivery rates: a comparison of hospital profiles based on medical record and birth certificate dataD L DiGiuseppe
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Health Serv Res 36:959-77. 2001..In contrast, limiting models to data elements with known reliability may yield rankings that are more similar to rankings based on medical record data...
- The relationship of post-acute home care use to Medicaid utilization and expendituresSusan M C Payne
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University, Clevland, OH, USA
Health Serv Res 37:683-710. 2002....
- Applications of methodologies of the Veterans Health Study in the VA healthcare system: conclusions and summaryLewis E Kazis
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes, and Economic Research CHQOER, Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital, Bedford, Mass 01730, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 29:182-8. 2006..Based upon the rich foundation provided by the VHS methodology, the VA has implemented some of these approaches as part of its quality monitoring system and can serve as a model for other large integrated systems of care...
- Developing Practice Improvement ResearchSusan Payne; Fiscal Year: 2007..Research is needed to identify the most successful approaches to Ql, make the most effective use of scarce resources for Ql, and share the lessons learned in Maine with the rest of the nation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..