Susan M C Payne
Affiliation: University of Maine
- Comparison of risk-adjustment systems for the medicaid-eligible disabled populationS M Payne
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Med Care 38:422-32. 2000....
- Utilization of medical services by Veterans Health Study (VHS) respondentsSusan M C Payne
Edmund S Muskie School of Public Service, University of Southern Maine, Portland, ME 04104, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 28:125-40. 2005....
- Case finding and referral model for emergency department elders: a randomized clinical trialLorraine C Mion
Geriatric Nursing Program, Division of Nursing, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Ann Emerg Med 41:57-68. 2003..Elderly emergency department patients have complex medical needs and limited social support. A transitional model of care adapted from hospitals was tested for its effectiveness in the ED in reducing subsequent service use...
- Risk adjusting cesarean delivery rates: a comparison of hospital profiles based on medical record and birth certificate dataD L DiGiuseppe
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Health Serv Res 36:959-77. 2001..In contrast, limiting models to data elements with known reliability may yield rankings that are more similar to rankings based on medical record data...
- The relationship of post-acute home care use to Medicaid utilization and expendituresSusan M C Payne
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University, Clevland, OH, USA
Health Serv Res 37:683-710. 2002....
- Applications of methodologies of the Veterans Health Study in the VA healthcare system: conclusions and summaryLewis E Kazis
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes, and Economic Research CHQOER, Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital, Bedford, Mass 01730, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 29:182-8. 2006..Based upon the rich foundation provided by the VHS methodology, the VA has implemented some of these approaches as part of its quality monitoring system and can serve as a model for other large integrated systems of care...