J L Paukert
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- An encounter card system for increasing feedback to studentsJudy L Paukert
Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr, Mail Code 7737, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Am J Surg 183:300-4. 2002..Student satisfaction with the feedback process is essential for motivating students to improve their performance...
- Reliability and usefulness of clinical encounter cards for a third-year surgical clerkshipMelanie L Richards
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Surg Res 140:139-48. 2007..Third-year medical students (MS3) were given clinical encounter cards (CECs) to stimulate feedback during their surgery clerkship. This study analyzes the feedback given on their clinical performance using CECs...
- How medical students and residents describe the roles and characteristics of their influential clinical teachersJ L Paukert
Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio 78229 3900, USA
Acad Med 75:843-5. 2000..This study sought to identify students' perceptions about characteristics of faculty who had positively influenced their clinical education and to determine whether the students' perceptions matched those published for residents...
- Do peer chart audits improve residents' performance in providing preventive care?Judy L Paukert
The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78229 3900, USA
Acad Med 78:S39-41. 2003..This study determined whether residents improved in providing preventive care after a peer chart audit program was initiated...
- Teaching clinical informatics to third-year medical students: negative results from two controlled trialsR G Badgett
Department of Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, USA
BMC Med Educ 1:3. 2001..Prior educational interventions to increase seeking evidence by medical students have been unsuccessful...
- Does a general surgery clerkship influence student perceptions of surgeons and surgical careers?Amalia Cochran
Salt Lake City Veterans Affairs Healthcare System and Department of Surgery, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Surgery 134:153-7. 2003..We evaluated the impact of a general surgery clerkship on medical student perceptions of surgeons and surgical careers and of the clerkship on student interest in surgical careers...
- Factors influencing outcome of the American Board of Surgery Certifying examination: an observational studyEdward Y Sako
Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78229 3900, USA
J Surg Res 105:75-80. 2002..The purpose of this study was to correlate the pass rates on the ABS certifying examination with the practice status and methods of specialized preparation...
- How medical students define surgical mentorsAmalia Cochran
Salt Lake City Veterans Affairs Healthcare System and Department of Surgery, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, 30 N 1900 East, Room 3C410, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Am J Surg 187:698-701. 2004..Current literature does not define ideal qualities of surgical mentors. We sought to define mentoring qualities desired by medical students in attending and resident surgeons...