Genomes and Genes
Sara E Patterson
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Patterns of expansion and expression divergence in the plant polygalacturonase gene familyJoonyup Kim
Department of Horticulture, Cellular and Molecular Biology Program, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Genome Biol 7:R87. 2006..A close look at phylogenetic relationships among Arabidopsis and rice PGs accompanied by analysis of expression data provides an opportunity to address key questions on the evolution and functions of duplicate genes...
- The effects of Group 11 transition metals, including gold, on ethylene binding to the ETR1 receptor and growth of Arabidopsis thalianaBrad M Binder
Department of Horticulture, University of Wisconsin, 1575 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
FEBS Lett 581:5105-9. 2007..We find that gold ions also support ethylene binding but, unlike Ag(I), do not block ethylene action on plants. Instead, like Cu(I), gold ions affect seedlings independently of ethylene signaling...
- Identification of important regions for ethylene binding and signaling in the transmembrane domain of the ETR1 ethylene receptor of ArabidopsisWuyi Wang
Department of Botany, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Plant Cell 18:3429-42. 2006..These findings yield insight into the structure and function of the EBD and suggest a conserved role of the EBD as a negative regulator of the signal transmitter domain...
- New Clothes for the Jasmonic Acid Receptor COI1: Delayed Abscission, Meristem Arrest and Apical DominanceJoonyup Kim
Department of Horticulture, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e60505. 2013..Our study opens the door revealing new roles for JA and its interaction with other hormones during plant development...
- Ethylene-dependent and -independent processes associated with floral organ abscission in ArabidopsisSara E Patterson
Department of Horticulture, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Plant Physiol 134:194-203. 2004..The role of the dab genes and the ethylene response genes during the abscission process is discussed...