Parag G Patil
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- The anatomical and electrophysiological subthalamic nucleus visualized by 3-T magnetic resonance imagingParag G Patil
Surgical Therapies Improving Movement Program, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5338, USA
Neurosurgery 71:1089-95; discussion 1095. 2012..However, the relationship of the MR-visualized STN to the anatomic, electrophysiological, or atlas-predicted STN remains controversial...
- The development of brain-machine interface neuroprosthetic devicesParag G Patil
Department of Neurosurgery and Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0338, USA
Neurotherapeutics 5:137-46. 2008..Now is a critical time in brain-machine interface development because most ongoing studies are science-based and noncommercial, allowing new approaches to be included in commercial schemes under development...
- National trends in surgical procedures for degenerative cervical spine disease: 1990-2000Parag G Patil
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Neurosurgery 57:753-8; discussion 753-8. 2005..We examined this issue using the Nationwide Inpatient Sample database, a representative sample of all United States inpatient hospitalizations...
- Change in fatigue after bilateral subthalamic nucleus deep brain stimulation for Parkinson's diseaseKelvin L Chou
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 18:510-3. 2012..The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of STN DBS on fatigue scores in patients with PD...
- Motor improvement with bilateral subthalamic nucleus deep brain stimulation in a patient with levodopa-responsive secondary parkinsonismVikas Kotagal
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5322, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 18:79-81. 2012..This case suggests that DBS may be considered in the setting of secondary parkinsonism if such patients have levodopa-responsive symptoms...
- In vivo performance of a microelectrode neural probe with integrated drug deliveryPratik Rohatgi
Ann and Robert H Lurie Biomedical Engineering Building, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Neurosurg Focus 27:E8. 2009..Focal drug delivery promises to extend dramatically the recording lives of neural probes, a limiting factor to clinical adoption of BMI technology...
- Ensemble recordings of human subcortical neurons as a source of motor control signals for a brain-machine interfaceParag G Patil
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Neurobiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Neurosurgery 55:27-35; discussion 35-8. 2004....
- Surgical exposure of the sciatic nerve in the gluteal region: anatomic and historical comparison of two approachesParag G Patil
Division of Neurosurgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Neurosurgery 56:165-71; discussion 165-71. 2005..To increase awareness among neurosurgeons of alternative surgical approaches to lesions of the sciatic nerve in the gluteal region...