Affiliation: University of Washington
- Definitive chemoradiotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer with N2 diseaseShilpen Patel
Department of Radiation Oncology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Box 356043, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Thorac Surg Clin 18:393-401. 2008..With continued diligence to testing new ideas in NSCLC, it is hoped that outcomes will continue to improve the lives of patients with this devastating disease...
- Evaluation of the role of radiation therapy in the management of malignant thymomaShilpen Patel
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:1797-801. 2012..The management of patients diagnosed with thymoma remains unclear. This report attempts to identify the impact of adjuvant radiotherapy on overall survival (OS) and cause-specific survival (CSS) in patients diagnosed with thymoma...
- Phase I clinical trial assessing temozolomide and tamoxifen with concomitant radiotherapy for treatment of high-grade gliomaShilpen Patel
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 6043, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:739-42. 2012..This Phase I trial was designed to determine the maximal tolerated dose (MTD) of tamoxifen when given with temozolomide and concurrent RT to patients with high-grade gliomas...
- The International Core Literature Consensus (ICLC): an alternative curriculum for OncologistsShilpen Patel
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 6043, USA
J Cancer Educ 26:420-6. 2011..Oncologists in training need guidance to direct their study. A curriculum based on an International Core Literature Consensus might match the needs of trainees more closely...
- Evaluation of the use of prophylactic cranial irradiation in small cell lung cancerShilpen Patel
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 6043, USA
Cancer 115:842-50. 2009..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) on overall survival and cause-specific survival...
- Prospective randomized double-blind pilot study of site-specific consensus atlas implementation for rectal cancer target volume delineation in the cooperative group settingClifton D Fuller
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 79:481-9. 2011..Variations in target volume delineation represent a significant hurdle in clinical trials involving conformal radiotherapy. We sought to determine the effect of a consensus guideline-based visual atlas on contouring the target volumes...