Rakesh R Patel
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Clinical outcome analysis in "high-risk" versus "low-risk" patients eligible for national surgical adjuvant breast and bowel B-39/radiation therapy oncology group 0413 trial: five-year resultsRakesh R Patel
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:970-3. 2008....
- The emergence of advanced brachytherapy techniques for common malignanciesRakesh R Patel
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, 600 Highland Avenue K4 B100, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 20:97-118. 2006..Further investigation and follow-up are necessary to demonstrate improvements in outcome and morbidity with these refined approaches...
- Targeted therapy for brain metastases: improving the therapeutic ratioRakesh R Patel
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:1675-83. 2007..In this review article, we discuss new directions in the management of brain metastases, including the role of chemical modifiers, novel systemic agents, and the management and prevention of neurocognitive deficits...
- A dosimetric comparison of accelerated partial breast irradiation techniques: multicatheter interstitial brachytherapy, three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy, and supine versus prone helical tomotherapyRakesh R Patel
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:935-42. 2007..To compare dosimetrically four different techniques of accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI) in the same patient...
- Locoregional recurrence following accelerated partial breast irradiation for early-stage invasive breast cancer: significance of estrogen receptor status and other pathological variablesDonald M Cannon
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:3446-52. 2013..Published findings to date have not been consistent. More data are needed as these risk factors continue to be defined...
- Phase I trial of pelvic nodal dose escalation with hypofractionated IMRT for high-risk prostate cancerJarrod B Adkison
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center, School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:184-90. 2012..In a prospective trial, we tested whether image-guided intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) can safely deliver escalated nodal doses while treating the prostate with hypofractionated radiotherapy in 5½ weeks...
- A dosimetric comparison of MammoSite and ClearPath high-dose-rate breast brachytherapy devicesAdam Dickler
Department of Radiation Oncology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Brachytherapy 8:14-8. 2009..A new form of partial breast irradiation (PBI), ClearPath (CP) breast brachytherapy, has been introduced. We present our results of a dosimetric comparison of MammoSite (MS) and CP PBI...
- Integral radiation dose to normal structures with conformal external beam radiationHidefumi Aoyama
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:962-7. 2006..This study was designed to evaluate the integral dose (ID) received by normal tissue from intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) for prostate cancer...
- Outcomes after accelerated partial breast irradiation in patients with ASTRO consensus statement cautionary featuresDerek R McHaffie
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:46-51. 2011..To evaluate outcomes among women with American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) consensus statement cautionary features treated with brachytherapy-based accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI)...
- The American Brachytherapy Society consensus statement for accelerated partial breast irradiationChirag Shah
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO, USA
Brachytherapy 12:267-77. 2013..To develop clinical guidelines for the quality practice of accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI) as part of breast-conserving therapy for women with early-stage breast cancer...
- Dosimetric comparison of left-sided whole breast irradiation with 3DCRT, forward-planned IMRT, inverse-planned IMRT, helical tomotherapy, and topotherapyLeah K Schubert
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Radiother Oncol 100:241-6. 2011..To compare left-sided whole breast conventional and intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) treatment planning techniques...
- Breast conserving surgery and accelerated partial breast irradiation after prior breast radiation therapyJarrod B Adkison
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin, School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 33:427-31. 2010..This report details our experience of accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI) as a component of salvage breast conserving treatment...
- Increased skin dose with the use of a custom mattress for prone breast radiotherapyStewart J Becker
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Med Dosim 32:196-9. 2007..Therefore, special care should be taken in this clinical scenario and further investigation of an air- or helium-based mylar support pad should be investigated in the context of definitive breast radiation treatment...
- Helical tomotherapy: an innovative technology and approach to radiation therapyJames S Welsh
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin, School of Medicine, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 1:311-6. 2002..e "conformal avoidance", the counterpart of conformal radiation therapy. Based on radiobiological principles that exploit the physical advantages of helical tomotherapy, several dosimetric and clinical investigations are underway...
- Image-guided breast brachytherapy: an alternative to whole-breast radiotherapyRakesh R Patel
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin, 600 Highland Avenue, K4 B100 CSC Madison, WI 53792, USA
Lancet Oncol 7:407-15. 2006..This review highlights the rationale and outcomes of brachytherapy techniques...
- Rectal dose sparing with a balloon catheter and ultrasound localization in conformal radiation therapy for prostate cancerRakesh R Patel
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Wisconsin, 600 Highland Avenue K4 B100, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Radiother Oncol 67:285-94. 2003....
- Breast brachytherapy devicesAdam Dickler
Department of Radiation Oncology, Little Company of Mary Hospital, 2800 W 95th Street, Evergreen Park, IL 60805, USA
Expert Rev Med Devices 6:325-33. 2009..We introduce and describe five additional breast brachytherapy devices...
- A case of Gorham's disease with chylothorax treated curatively with radiation therapyBethany M Duffy
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Clin Med Res 3:83-6. 2005..We report the case of a 31-year-old female with Gorham's disease involving several bones along with chylous pericardial and pleural effusions. She was effectively treated with definitive radiation therapy...
- Three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy for lung cancer: promises and pitfallsRakesh R Patel
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, 600 Highland Avenue K4 3, Madison 53792, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 4:347-53. 2002..The rationale and evolution of this technology and its potential pitfalls are presented in this review...
- A review of safety, quality management, and practice guidelines for high-dose-rate brachytherapy: executive summaryBruce R Thomadsen
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin Electronic address
Pract Radiat Oncol 4:65-70. 2014..It also suggests topics where additional research and guidance is needed. ..
- The use of directional interstitial sources to improve dosimetry in breast brachytherapyLiyong Lin
University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute, Jacksonville, Florida 32206, USA
Med Phys 35:240-7. 2008..The improved dose distribution provided by directional interstitial brachytherapy might enable partial breast treatment to tumors closer to the skin or chest wall or in relatively small breasts...