Michael A Pascoe
Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Discharge characteristics of biceps brachii motor units at recruitment when older adults sustained an isometric contractionMichael A Pascoe
Neurophysiology of Movement Laboratory, Carlson 202G 354 UCB, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0354, USA
J Neurophysiol 105:571-81. 2011..618) in old adults. These findings contrast with those of young adults and indicate that the integration of synaptic input during sustained contractions differs between young and old adults...
- Rate coding is compressed but variability is unaltered for motor units in a hand muscle of old adultsBenjamin K Barry
Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0354, USA
J Neurophysiol 97:3206-18. 2007..A computational model of motor-unit recruitment and rate coding incorporated the experimental observations and was able to match the measured and simulated values for force steadiness across the operating range of the muscle...
- Prolonged muscle vibration increases stretch reflex amplitude, motor unit discharge rate, and force fluctuations in a hand muscleMinoru Shinohara
Dept of Integrative Physiology, Univ of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0354, USA
J Appl Physiol 99:1835-42. 2005..These adjustments were necessary to achieve the target force due to the vibration-induced decrease in the force capacity of the muscle...
- A spinal pathway between synergists can modulate activity in human elbow flexor musclesBenjamin K Barry
Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Exp Brain Res 190:347-59. 2008..This reflex pathway provides a mechanism to adjust the activation of biceps brachii with changes in forearm position, and represents a spinal basis for a muscle synergy in humans...
- Common input to different regions of biceps brachii long headBenjamin K Barry
Department of Integrative Physiology, Neurophysiology of Movement Laboratory, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Exp Brain Res 193:351-9. 2009....
- Discharge rate variability influences the variation in force fluctuations across the working range of a hand muscleChet T Moritz
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Box 357290, University of Colorado, Boulder, USA
J Neurophysiol 93:2449-59. 2005..22) at all force levels. These results support the hypothesis that discharge rate variability is a major determinant of the trends in isometric force variability across the working range of a muscle...
- Motor unit activity when young and old adults perform steady contractions while supporting an inertial loadMichael A Pascoe
Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80045, USA
J Neurophysiol 109:1055-64. 2013....