Lauri A Pasch
Affiliation: University of California
- Acculturation, parent-adolescent conflict, and adolescent adjustment in Mexican American familiesLauri A Pasch
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0848, USA
Fam Process 45:75-86. 2006..Future research should consider other factors aside from acculturation differences that might account for parent-adolescent conflict and adolescent adjustment in Mexican American families...
- Psychological distress and in vitro fertilization outcomeLauri A Pasch
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Fertil Steril 98:459-64. 2012..To examine whether psychological distress predicts IVF treatment outcome as well as whether IVF treatment outcome predicts subsequent psychological distress...
- Socioeconomic disparities in the use and success of fertility treatments: analysis of data from a prospective cohort in the United StatesJames F Smith
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, 1600 Divisadero Street, Box 1695, San Francisco, CA 94143 1695, USA
Fertil Steril 96:95-101. 2011..To determine the effect of income, education, and race on the use and outcomes of infertility care...
- Fertility treatment response: is it better to be more optimistic or less pessimistic?Maria E Bleil
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, 3333 California Street, Suite 465, San Francisco, CA 94143 0848, USA
Psychosom Med 74:193-9. 2012..To evaluate the prospective relation between dispositional traits of optimism and pessimism and in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment failure among women seeking medical intervention for infertility...
- Costs of infertility treatment: results from an 18-month prospective cohort studyPatricia Katz
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0920, USA
Fertil Steril 95:915-21. 2011..To examine resource use (costs) by women presenting for infertility evaluation and treatment over 18 months, regardless of treatment pursued...
- Depressive symptomatology, psychological stress, and ovarian reserve: a role for psychological factors in ovarian aging?Maria E Bleil
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Menopause 19:1176-85. 2012..The aim of this study was to examine psychological factors in relation to antral follicle count (AFC), a marker of ovarian reserve, in a multiethnic sample of 683 premenopausal women in the Ovarian Aging (OVA) Study...
- Perceived racial/ethnic discrimination, posttraumatic stress symptoms, and health risk behaviors among Mexican American adolescentsElena Flores
Counseling Psychology Department, School of Education, University of San Francisco, 2130 Fulton Street, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
J Couns Psychol 57:264-73. 2010..Counseling psychologists and counselors in schools and community settings should assess Mexican American adolescents for the effects of discrimination and provide appropriate interventions to reduce its negative emotional impact...
- Violence involvement, substance use, and sexual activity among Mexican-American and European-American adolescentsSonya S Brady
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Adolesc Health 43:285-95. 2008..This study examined longitudinal associations between violence involvement, substance use, and sexual activity...
- Physical activity in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: prevalence, predictors, and positive health associationsJulie D Lamb
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 204:352.e1-6. 2011....
- Emotional distress, alcohol use, and peer violence among Mexican-American and European-American adolescentsJeanne M Tschann
Department of Psychiatry, University of California at San Francisco, CA 94143 0848, USA
J Adolesc Health 37:11-8. 2005..To examine the longitudinal relations among emotional distress, alcohol use, and peer-directed violence...
- Adverse childhood experiences and repeat induced abortionMaria E Bleil
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 204:122.e1-6. 2011..The objective of the study was to characterize the backgrounds of women who have repeat abortions...
- Predictors of not pursuing infertility treatment after an infertility diagnosis: examination of a prospective U.S. cohortMichael L Eisenberg
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0738, USA
Fertil Steril 94:2369-71. 2010..Although age, education, and financial concerns remain important for patients in choosing whether to pursue infertility treatment, depressive symptoms may also be a barrier to achieving reproductive goals...
- Violence perpetration across peer and partner relationships: co-occurrence and longitudinal patterns among adolescentsEmily J Ozer
School of Public Health, University of California at Berkeley, 140 Warren Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
J Adolesc Health 34:64-71. 2004..To examine the co-occurrence and consistency over time of peer violence, sexual aggression, and dating violence among European American and Mexican-American adolescent boys and girls...
- Interparental conflict and risk behaviors among Mexican American adolescents: a cognitive-emotional modelJeanne M Tschann
Department of Psychiatry, University of California at San Francisco, 94143 0848, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 30:373-85. 2002..Adolescents' emotional distress mediated the association between adolescent involvement in parental conflict and adolescents' risk behaviors...