L A Pasch
Affiliation: University of California
- Social support, conflict, and the development of marital dysfunctionL A Pasch
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 66:219-30. 1998..These results suggest that social support exchanges should be incorporated into social learning analyses of marriage and into programs designed to prevent marital distress...
- Differences between husbands' and wives' approach to infertility affect marital communication and adjustmentLauri A Pasch
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Fertil Steril 77:1241-7. 2002..To test a theoretical model of the effect on marital communication and adjustment of men's and women's approach to infertility...
- Emotional distress, alcohol use, and peer violence among Mexican-American and European-American adolescentsJeanne M Tschann
Department of Psychiatry, University of California at San Francisco, CA 94143 0848, USA
J Adolesc Health 37:11-8. 2005..To examine the longitudinal relations among emotional distress, alcohol use, and peer-directed violence...
- Predicting participation in premarital prevention programs: the health belief model and social normsKieran T Sullivan
Santa Clara University, Department of Psychology, CA 95124, USA
Fam Process 43:175-93. 2004..These variables predicted participation even after controlling for important demographic variables. Recommendations for recruiting engaged couples for premarital counseling are made based on the findings...
- Violence perpetration across peer and partner relationships: co-occurrence and longitudinal patterns among adolescentsEmily J Ozer
School of Public Health, University of California at Berkeley, 140 Warren Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
J Adolesc Health 34:64-71. 2004..To examine the co-occurrence and consistency over time of peer violence, sexual aggression, and dating violence among European American and Mexican-American adolescent boys and girls...
- Development of an instrument to measure disability in parenting activity among women with rheumatoid arthritisPatricia P Katz
Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Arthritis Rheum 48:935-43. 2003..To develop a method of assessing and summarizing parenting function and disability, and to use that method to describe parenting disability among a group of women with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Interparental conflict and risk behaviors among Mexican American adolescents: a cognitive-emotional modelJeanne M Tschann
Department of Psychiatry, University of California at San Francisco, 94143 0848, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 30:373-85. 2002..Adolescents' emotional distress mediated the association between adolescent involvement in parental conflict and adolescents' risk behaviors...
- Violence involvement, substance use, and sexual activity among Mexican-American and European-American adolescentsSonya S Brady
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Adolesc Health 43:285-95. 2008..This study examined longitudinal associations between violence involvement, substance use, and sexual activity...
- Effect of valued activity disability, social comparisons, and satisfaction with ability on depressive symptoms in rheumatoid arthritisAlyson Neugebauer
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0920, USA
Health Psychol 22:253-62. 2003..Results highlight the role of personal meaning attached to changes in functional status in predicting the long-term psychological well-being of individuals with chronic illnesses such as RA...
- Acculturation, parent-adolescent conflict, and adolescent adjustment in Mexican American familiesLauri A Pasch
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0848, USA
Fam Process 45:75-86. 2006..Future research should consider other factors aside from acculturation differences that might account for parent-adolescent conflict and adolescent adjustment in Mexican American families...
- How parents whose children have been conceived with donor gametes make their disclosure decision: contexts, influences, and couple dynamicsDena Shehab
Institute for Health and Aging, University of California, San Francisco, California 94118, USA
Fertil Steril 89:179-87. 2008..To describe parents' disclosure decision-making process...