Danielle E Parrish
Affiliation: University of Houston
- Assessment of a service provider self-study method to promote interorganizational and community collaborationDanielle E Parrish
Graduate College of Social Work, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204, USA
Soc Work 58:354-64. 2013..Implications for the utility of the self-study method for achieving community service integration that aligns with basic principles of community development are discussed...
- Social workers' orientations toward the evidence-based practice process: a comparison with psychologists and licensed marriage and family therapistsDanielle E Parrish
Graduate College of Social Work, University of Houston, TX 77201 4013, USA
Soc Work 57:201-10. 2012....
- Characteristics and factors associated with the risk of a nicotine exposed pregnancy: expanding the CHOICES preconception counseling model to tobaccoDanielle E Parrish
Health Behavior Research and Training Institute, University of Texas at Austin, School of Social Work, Austin, TX, USA
Matern Child Health J 16:1224-31. 2012..These findings suggest that preconception counseling for NEP could be combined with a program targeting AEP...
- Online training on fetal alcohol spectrum disorders for court-appointed special advocates volunteersElizabeth C Pomeroy
Institute for Grief, Loss, and Family Survival, School of Social Work, University of Texas at Austin, TX 78712, USA
Health Soc Work 38:159-66. 2013..These results support the potential of this online training to enhance CASA volunteers' ability to help children with FASDs...
- CHOICES: an integrated behavioral intervention to prevent alcohol-exposed pregnancies among high-risk women in community settingsMary M Velasquez
Center for Social Work Research, School of Social Work, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Soc Work Public Health 28:224-33. 2013..In addition, the authors describe current studies testing modifications of the CHOICES intervention, the dissemination efforts to date, and implications for social work practice...
- Comparing social worker and non-social worker outcomes: a research reviewAllen Rubin
School of Social Work, University of Texas at Austin, 78712, USA
Soc Work 57:309-20. 2012..Implications are presented to guide NASW in promoting rigorous research comparing social workers and non-social workers on actual client outcomes, especially in the field of child welfare...