Micaela S Parker
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Genomic insights into marine microalgaeMicaela S Parker
School of Oceanography, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Annu Rev Genet 42:619-45. 2008..We conclude with a short summary on advances in genetic manipulation of microalgae and thoughts on the future directions of marine algal genomics...
- Digital expression profiling of novel diatom transcripts provides insight into their biological functionsUma Maheswari
Institut de Biologie de l Ecole Normale Supérieure, CNRS UMR 8197 Inserm U1024, Ecole Normale Superieure, 46 rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Genome Biol 11:R85. 2010..High throughput tools are needed, therefore, to associate functions with diatom-specific genes...
- Centers for Oceans and Human Health: a unified approach to the challenge of harmful algal bloomsDeana L Erdner
University of Texas Marine Science Institute, Port Aransas, TX 78373, USA
Environ Health 7:S2. 2008....
- Comparative metatranscriptomics identifies molecular bases for the physiological responses of phytoplankton to varying iron availabilityAdrian Marchetti
School of Oceanography, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E317-25. 2012..This ability of diatoms to divert their newly acquired iron toward nitrate assimilation may underlie why diatoms consistently dominate iron enrichments in high-nitrate, low-chlorophyll regions...
- Interactions between diatoms and bacteriaShady A Amin
School of Oceanography, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 76:667-84. 2012..Deciphering the languages of diatoms and bacteria and how they interact will inform our understanding of the role these organisms have in shaping the ocean and how these interactions may change in future oceans...
- Impacts of climate variability and future climate change on harmful algal blooms and human healthStephanie K Moore
School of Oceanography, University of Washington, Box 355351, Seattle, Washington 98195 5351, USA
Environ Health 7:S4. 2008..We review the interactions between selected patterns of large-scale climate variability and climate change, oceanic conditions, and harmful algae...
- Ferritin is used for iron storage in bloom-forming marine pennate diatomsAdrian Marchetti
School of Oceanography, University of Washington, Box 357940, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nature 457:467-70. 2009....
- Coupled effects of light and nitrogen source on the urea cycle and nitrogen metabolism over a diel cycle in the marine diatom Thalassiosira pseudonanaSara J Bender
Box 357940, School of Oceanography, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Protist 163:232-51. 2012..These findings have important implications for nitrogen flow in the cell over diel cycles at surface ocean irradiances...