Jin Young Park
Affiliation: University of California
- Targeting the PI3K-Akt pathway in kidney cancerJin Young Park
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Immunology Graduate Group, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 7:863-70. 2007..In this review, we discuss PI3K-Akt inhibitors as well as inhibitors of pathways and targets both immediately up- and downstream of this cascade, many of which show promise in the clinic...
- p21 is decreased in polycystic kidney disease and leads to increased epithelial cell cycle progression: roscovitine augments p21 levelsJin Young Park
Immunology Graduate Group, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
BMC Nephrol 8:12. 2007....
- Attenuation of PTEN increases p21 stability and cytosolic localization in kidney cancer cells: a potential mechanism of apoptosis resistancePei yin Lin
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Mol Cancer 6:16. 2007..Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is associated with frequent treatment failures (approximately 90% in metastatic cases), and these tumors frequently contain PTEN abnormalities...
- Disparate effects of roscovitine on renal tubular epithelial cell apoptosis and senescence: implications for autosomal dominant polycystic kidney diseaseJin Young Park
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Am J Nephrol 29:509-15. 2009..The cyclin kinase inhibitor roscovitine has shown efficacy in treatment of murine PKD. We asked how a single agent can be efficacious in both PKD and cancer...
- Antisense attenuation of p21 sensitizes kidney cancer to apoptosis in response to conventional DNA damaging chemotherapy associated with enhancement of phospho-p53See Hyoung Park
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine and Cancer Center, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Urol 180:352-60. 2008..We capitalized on this function of p21 and used an antisense approach to sensitize p53-wt renal cell carcinoma cells to chemotherapy induced apoptosis by attenuating p21 protein levels...