Catherine C Park
Affiliation: University of California
- Rapid and automated multidimensional fluorescence microscopy profiling of 3D human breast culturesCatherine C Park
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Integr Biol (Camb) 5:681-91. 2013..Such tools have therefore the potential to further characterize cell culture populations after cancer treatment and identify novel phenotypes of resistance...
- β1 integrin mediates an alternative survival pathway in breast cancer cells resistant to lapatinibCatherine Huang
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Breast Cancer Res 13:R84. 2011..The β1 integrin resides on the membrane of the breast cancer cell, activating several elements of breast tumor progression including proliferation and survival...
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO) Emerging Technology Committee report on electronic brachytherapyCatherine C Park
Department of Radiation Oncology, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, 1600 Divisadero St, H1031, San Francisco, CA 94143 1708, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 76:963-72. 2010..The full Emerging Technology Committee report is available on the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology Web site...
- NF-κB regulates radioresistance mediated by β1-integrin in three-dimensional culture of breast cancer cellsKazi Mokim Ahmed
Department of Cancer and DNA Damage Responses, Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley
Cancer Res 73:3737-48. 2013..As β1-integrin also activates NF-κB, our findings reveal a novel forward feedback pathway that could be targeted to enhance therapy...
- HER2 signaling pathway activation and response of breast cancer cells to HER2-targeting agents is dependent strongly on the 3D microenvironmentBritta Weigelt
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, University of California Berkeley, Mailstop 977R225A, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 122:35-43. 2010....
- beta1 integrin targeting to enhance radiation therapyJin Min Nam
Life Sciences Division, Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94143 1708, USA
Int J Radiat Biol 85:923-8. 2009..In particular, beta1 integrin signaling has been implicated in the progression and metastasis of various cancers and has been shown to facilitate resistance to radiation therapy...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of intraoperative radiation therapy for early-stage breast cancerMichael D Alvarado
Department of Surgery, UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:2873-80. 2013..We sought to analyze, from a societal perspective, the cost-effectiveness of two radiation strategies for early-stage invasive breast cancer: single-dose intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) and the standard 6-week course of WB-EBRT...
- Topographic enhancement mapping of the cancer-associated breast stroma using breast MRINima Nabavizadeh
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1600 Divisadero Street H1031, San Francisco, CA 94143 1708, USA
Integr Biol (Camb) 3:490-6. 2011..Identification of a cancer-associated stroma may be further developed to help guide local therapy to reduce recurrence and morbidity in breast cancer patients...
- Beta1 integrin inhibition dramatically enhances radiotherapy efficacy in human breast cancer xenograftsCatherine C Park
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94143 1708, USA
Cancer Res 68:4398-405. 2008....
- Breast cancer cells in three-dimensional culture display an enhanced radioresponse after coordinate targeting of integrin alpha5beta1 and fibronectinJin Min Nam
Life Sciences Division, Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California, USA
Cancer Res 70:5238-48. 2010..Our findings offer preclinical validation of fibronectin and alpha5beta1-integrin as targets for breast cancer therapy...
- Increasing the time to expander-implant exchange after postmastectomy radiation therapy reduces expander-implant failureAnne Warren Peled
Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 130:503-9. 2012..The sequence and timing of tissue expansion and implant exchange with regard to postmastectomy radiation therapy may impact complication rates...
- High mammographic breast density is independent predictor of local but not distant recurrence after lumpectomy and radiotherapy for invasive breast cancerCatherine C Park
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 73:75-9. 2009..We hypothesized that the MBD might be a predictor of LRR after BCS and RT for invasive breast cancer...
- β1 integrin targeting potentiates antiangiogenic therapy and inhibits the growth of bevacizumab-resistant glioblastomaW Shawn Carbonell
Department of Neurosurgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cancer Res 73:3145-54. 2013..We concluded that β1 integrin upregulation in BRGs likely reflects an onset of hypoxia caused by antiangiogenic therapy, and that β1 inhibition is well tolerated in vivo as a tractable strategy to disrupt resistance to this therapy...
- Beta1 integrin inhibitory antibody induces apoptosis of breast cancer cells, inhibits growth, and distinguishes malignant from normal phenotype in three dimensional cultures and in vivoCatherine C Park
Departments of Radiation Oncology and Pathology, University of California San Francisco Mt Zion Cancer Center, 1600 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, CA 94143 1708, USA
Cancer Res 66:1526-35. 2006..Our findings indicate that beta(1) integrin is a promising therapeutic target, and that the three-dimensional lrECM culture assay can be used to effectively distinguish malignant and normal tissue response to therapy...
- Manipulating b1 integrin to enhance radiation therapy for breast cancerCatherine Park; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Manipulating b1 integrin to enhance radiation therapy for breast cancerCatherine C Park; Fiscal Year: 2010....