William L Parish
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Sexual practices and sexual satisfaction: a population based study of Chinese urban adultsWilliam L Parish
Department of Sociology, Population Research Center, University of Chicago National Opinion Research Center, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Arch Sex Behav 36:5-20. 2007..While knowledge and values are arguably more important in this transitional period, many antecedents of sexual well-being drawn from the literature on sexual behavior in developed Western countries are also applicable to urban China...
- Population-based study of chlamydial infection in China: a hidden epidemicWilliam L Parish
Population Research Center, National Opinion Research Center University of Chicago, Chicago, Ill, USA
JAMA 289:1265-73. 2003..Sexually transmitted diseases are increasing rapidly in China. Surveillance data imperfectly indicate current prevalence and risk factors...
- Intimate partner violence in China: national prevalence, risk factors and associated health problemsWilliam L Parish
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Int Fam Plan Perspect 30:174-81. 2004..Intimate partner violence has been studied in many developed and developing countries. China remains one of the few large societies for which the prevalence and correlates of intimate partner violence are unknown...
- Sexual harassment of women in urban ChinaWilliam L Parish
Department of Sociology and Population Research Center, University of Chicago, 1126 E 59th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Arch Sex Behav 35:411-25. 2006..The most striking result from the data represents the area receiving the least attention in the West, namely, the perpetrator's perception of "benefit," deriving from the victim's inadvertent "signaling."..
- Unwanted sexual activity among married women in urban ChinaWilliam L Parish
Department of Sociology, University of Chicago, 1126 E 59th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Sex Res 44:158-71. 2007..Net of feedback effects, unwanted sexual activity diminished women's psychological well-being...
- Sexual dysfunctions in urban china: a population-based national survey of men and womenWilliam L Parish
Department of Sociology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Sex Med 4:1559-74. 2007..While sexual dysfunctions are closely related to overall well-being, epidemiological data based on population-based surveys remain scant...
- Masturbation in urban ChinaAniruddha Das
Department of Sociology and Population Research Center, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Arch Sex Behav 38:108-20. 2009....
- Genitourinary symptoms in urban China: a population-based studyWilliam L Parish
Department of Sociology, University of Chicago, 1126 East 59th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Int J STD AIDS 18:736-40. 2007..The results also reveal factors other than sexual behaviour as predictors for GU symptoms...
- A population-based study of childhood sexual contact in China: prevalence and long-term consequencesYe Luo
Department of Sociology and Anthropology, University of North Florida, 1 UNF Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Child Abuse Negl 32:721-31. 2008..This study provides national estimates of the prevalence of childhood sexual contact and its association with sexual well-being and psychological distress among adults in China...
- CHINESE HEALTH AND FAMILY BEHAVIORWilliam Parish; Fiscal Year: 2002..To provide ample cases for analysis, the study will include a special subsample of STD clinic patients. ..
- Continuation of Chinese Health and Family BehaviorWilliam Parish; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposal is for an additional two years of time for the analysis of these data sets, and for producing a public-use data set that includes direct linkages to comparable U.S. data. ..