Groesbeck P Parham
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Comparison of cell collection and direct visualization cervical cancer screening adjunctsGroesbeck P Parham
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Alabama School of Medicine at Birmingham, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Birmingham, AL 35249, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:S13-20. 2003..This cervical screening examination combines the traditional Pap smear with a direct visual screening test, speculoscopy (ie, visual inspection of the cervix with a chemiluminescent light, the Speculite)...
- Racial disparities affecting the reproductive health of African-American womenGroesbeck P Parham
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, OHB 538, Birmingham, AL 35249 7333, USA
Med Clin North Am 89:935-43, 941. 2005..As this occurs, all women will benefit...
- Prevalence and predictors of squamous intraepithelial lesions of the cervix in HIV-infected women in Lusaka, ZambiaGroesbeck P Parham
School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA, and University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka, Zambia
Gynecol Oncol 103:1017-22. 2006..We evaluated the prevalence and predictors of cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions (SIL) among HIV-infected women in Zambia...
- Advancing cervical cancer prevention initiatives in resource-constrained settings: insights from the Cervical Cancer Prevention Program in ZambiaMulindi H Mwanahamuntu
Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia, Lusaka, Zambia
PLoS Med 8:e1001032. 2011....
- Motivations and experiences of women who accessed "see and treat" cervical cancer prevention services in ZambiaHeather L White
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 33:91-8. 2012..All services were integrated within existing government-operated primary health care facilities...
- 'Worse than HIV' or 'not as serious as other diseases'? Conceptualization of cervical cancer among newly screened women in ZambiaHeather L White
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0022, USA
Soc Sci Med 74:1486-93. 2012..Further attention should be dedicated to the processes by which women incorporate new knowledge into their representations of cervical cancer...
- eC3--a modern telecommunications matrix for cervical cancer prevention in ZambiaGroesbeck P Parham
Center for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia, Lusaka, Zambia
J Low Genit Tract Dis 14:167-73. 2010..Low physician density, undercapacitated laboratory infrastructures, and limited resources are major limitations to the development and implementation of widely accessible cervical cancer prevention programs in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Strategies for achieving healthy energy balance among African Americans in the Mississippi DeltaGroesbeck P Parham
Department of Medicine Room 126, Bevill Research Bldg, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 4:A97. 2007....
- Overexpression of HER-2/neu in uterine serous papillary cancerAlessandro D Santin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Arkansas, Little Rock 72205 7199, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:1271-9. 2002..In this study, we have evaluated the expression of HER-2/neu in several fresh, established, paraffin-embedded, fixed USPCs. In addition, we have tested the sensitivity of USPC cells to Herceptin treatment...
- Management of cryotherapy-ineligible women in a "screen-and-treat" cervical cancer prevention program targeting HIV-infected women in Zambia: lessons from the fieldKrista S Pfaendler
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Gynecol Oncol 110:402-7. 2008..We demonstrate the feasibility of implementing a referral and management system for cryotherapy-ineligible women in a "screen-and-treat" cervical cancer prevention program targeting HIV-infected women in Zambia...
- Integrating cervical cancer prevention in HIV/AIDS treatment and care programmesMulindi H Mwanahamuntu
Bull World Health Organ 86:D-E. 2008
- Dairy report one-sided: dairy products contribute to cancer risksGroesbeck P Parham
J Natl Med Assoc 97:582-3. 2005
- A comparison of four screening methods for cervical neoplasia in a developing countryHendrik S Cronjé
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Free State, South Africa
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:395-400. 2003..The purpose of this study was to compare the results of cytologic examination, cervicography, direct acetic acid test, and magnified acetic acid test (speculoscopy) with the results of histologic examination...
- Vaccination with HPV-18 E7-pulsed dendritic cells in a patient with metastatic cervical cancerAlessandro D Santin
N Engl J Med 346:1752-3. 2002
- An ethical framework for community health workers and related institutionsJohn R Stone
Center for Health Policy and Ethics, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, Neb 68178, USA
Fam Community Health 30:351-63. 2007..Among the principles, we argue that the following 3 should have a foundational role: equal and substantial respect, justice, and care. Among these, respect is most fundamental...