Norman A Paradis
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Pressor drugs in the treatment of cardiac arrestNorman A Paradis
Section of Emergency Medicine, Departments of Surgery and Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Cardiol Clin 20:61-78, viii. 2002..Other agents appear promising. This article addresses pressor drugs and adrenergic agonists, including a review of their history, basic science, mechanism of action, and efficacy. Epinephrine is reviewed...
- Vasopressin alone or with epinephrine may be superior to epinephrine in a clinically relevant porcine model of pulseless electrical activity cardiac arrestCharles M Little
Division of Emergency Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Emerg Med 24:810-4. 2006
- Prehospital interventions to improve neurological outcome following cardiac arrestCharles M Little
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Surgery, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Colorado Emergency Medicine Research Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Semin Neurol 26:380-6. 2006..Recent advances in these areas will be reviewed with a discussion of the effect of each intervention on the restoration of circulation and neurological outcomes...
- A swine model of pseudo-pulseless electrical activity induced by partial asphyxiationTodd M Larabee
Department of Surgery, Division of Emergency Medicine, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, 12401 East 17th Avenue B215, Aurora, CO 80045, United States
Resuscitation 78:196-9. 2008..Neither of these models predictably generate pseudo-PEA. The purpose of this study was to create an animal model of pseudo-PEA that will allow for a prolonged time period in this arrest state for future research...
- Compared to angiotensin II, epinephrine is associated with high myocardial blood flow following return of spontaneous circulation after cardiac arrestCharles M Little
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Surgery, Health Sciences Center, University of Colorado, 4200 E Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Resuscitation 59:353-9. 2003..We explored the effects of angiotensin II or epinephrine alone, and the combination of angiotensin with epinephrine, on myocardial and cerebral blood flows in a swine model of cardiac arrest...
- Tissue plasminogen activator in cardiac arrest with pulseless electrical activityNorman A Paradis
N Engl J Med 347:1281-2; author reply 1281-2. 2002
- Impact of the Final Rule on the rate of clinical cardiac arrest research in the United StatesKatherine M Hiller
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Acad Emerg Med 12:1091-8. 2005..It is unclear, however, how this change has impacted the performance of this research...