Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Identifying promoter elements necessary for enamelin tissue-specific expressionPetros Papagerakis
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, Mich 48108, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 189:98-104. 2009..In contrast, the 5.2-kb Enam-LacZ construct was sufficient to mimic the endogenous Enam ameloblast-specific expression pattern. Our study provides new insights into the molecular control of Enam cell- and stage-specific expression...
- Distal cis-regulatory elements are required for tissue-specific expression of enamelin (Enam)Yuanyuan Hu
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Eur J Oral Sci 116:113-23. 2008..Our study provides new insights into regulatory mechanisms governing enamelin expression...
- Molecular and circadian controls of ameloblastsMaria Athanassiou-Papaefthymiou
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Medicine, Center for Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, University of Michigan Schools of Dentistry and Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Eur J Oral Sci 119:35-40. 2011..Our study provides novel insights into the regulatory mechanisms sustaining ameloblast differentiation...
- Enamel defects and ameloblast-specific expression in Enam knock-out/lacz knock-in miceJan C C Hu
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry and Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108, USA
J Biol Chem 283:10858-71. 2008..These results demonstrate ameloblast-specific expression of enamelin and reveal that enamelin is essential for proper enamel matrix organization and mineralization...
- Functions of KLK4 and MMP-20 in dental enamel formationYuhe Lu
Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, 1011 North University, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Biol Chem 389:695-700. 2008....
- Altered desmoplakin expression at transcriptional and protein levels provides prognostic information in human oropharyngeal cancerSilvana Papagerakis
Laboratoire de Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie, INSERM UMRS872, Universite Paris 7, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris, 75006 France
Hum Pathol 40:1320-9. 2009..Characterizing DSP expression may improve evaluation risk of distant metastasis formation in oral cancer patients...
- Expression of clock proteins in developing toothLi Zheng
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 11:202-6. 2011..Our data suggests that clock genes might be involved in the regulation of ameloblast and odontoblast functions, such as enamel and dentin protein secretion and matrix mineralization...
- Innovative approaches to regenerate enamel and dentinXanthippi Chatzistavrou
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Int J Dent 2012:856470. 2012....
- Expression and Regulation of LEF-1 During OdontogenesisPetros Papagerakis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Papagerakis for a successful career as a productive independent investigator. ..