Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Investigation of osteocalcin, osteonectin, and dentin sialophosphoprotein in developing human teethP Papagerakis
Laboratoire de Biologie Odontologie, Universite Paris VII, Paris, France
Bone 30:377-85. 2002..e., amelogenin, dentin matrix protein-1) and/or to the polarized organization of odontoblast secretion as compared with osteoblasts...
- Differential epithelial and mesenchymal regulation of tooth-specific matrix proteins expression by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 in vivoP Papagerakis
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, USA
Connect Tissue Res 43:372-5. 2002..In conclusion, tooth formation results from the coordinated expression of several matrix proteins that may be controlled by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 [1,25(OH)2D3]...
- Expression of amelogenin in odontoblastsP Papagerakis
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Dental School, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78284, USA
Bone 32:228-40. 2003..This developmental regulated expression pattern is enhanced under vitamin-D-deficiency status and in a broader context may play an important role during ameloblast and odontoblast differentiation and function...
- Mouse amelogenin exons 8 and 9: sequence analysis and protein distributionP Papagerakis
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Dental School, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, MSC 7888, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Dent Res 84:613-7. 2005..Analysis of our data supports the hypothesis that: (1) AMELX contains 2 additional exons; (2) ameloblasts and odontoblasts synthesize amelogenin 8/9; and (3) amelogenin splice variants may have unique functions during tooth formation...
- Putative membrane receptor for 1,25(OH)2 vitamin D3 in human mineralized tissues during prenatal developmentA Berdal
Laboratoire Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie, INSERM EMI U 0110, Universite Paris 7, IFR 58, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Connect Tissue Res 44:136-40. 2003..Differential 1,25D3-MARRS protein levels were observed in distinct developmental stages and anatomical sites of tooth and bone, suggesting the existence of cross-talk between local factors and 1,25D3-MARRS protein expression...
- Genomic organization and localization of mouse Nma/BAMBI: possible implications related to ameloblastoma formationC Knight
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Dental School, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, MCS 7888, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Connect Tissue Res 43:359-64. 2002..Furthermore, we report the production and utilization of an anti-peptide antibody in preliminary immunohistochemical analysis of an ameloblastoma...
- Dentin sialoprotein (DSP) transcripts: developmentally-sustained expression in odontoblasts and transient expression in pre-ameloblastsH H Ritchie
Department of Basic Sciences, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Dental Branch, 77030, USA
Eur J Oral Sci 105:405-13. 1997..The transient expression of DSP in pre-ameloblasts across from young odontoblasts suggests an involvement of DSP in epithelial-mesenchymal interactions that are crucial to later stages of tooth development...
- Cross-talk between Msx/Dlx homeobox genes and vitamin D during tooth mineralizationF Lezot
Laboratoire de Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie INSERM EMI 0110, Université Paris 7 EA2380, IFR 58 Institut des Cordeliers, rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris, France
Connect Tissue Res 43:509-14. 2002..Finally, in the same cells, such combinations appeared to modulate VDR expression outlining the existence of complex cross-regulations between vitamin D and Msx/Dix pathways...
- Endogenous Msx1 antisense transcript: in vivo and in vitro evidences, structure, and potential involvement in skeleton development in mammalsC Blin-Wakkach
Laboratory of Biology Odontology, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, E 0110, Institut des Cordeliers, IFR 58, 75006 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:7336-41. 2001....
- Premature stop codon in MMP20 causing amelogenesis imperfectaP Papagerakis
Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
J Dent Res 87:56-9. 2008..An intrinsic yellowish pigmentation is evident, even during eruption. The phenotype supports current ideas concerning the function of enamelysin...