M A Papadakis
Affiliation: University of California
- Performance during internal medicine residency training and subsequent disciplinary action by state licensing boardsMaxine A Papadakis
University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Ann Intern Med 148:869-76. 2008..Information is limited on whether similar performance measures taken during residency can predict performance as practicing physicians...
- Perspective: the education community must develop best practices informed by evidence-based research to remediate lapses of professionalismMaxine A Papadakis
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 054, USA
Acad Med 87:1694-8. 2012....
- A strategy for the detection and evaluation of unprofessional behavior in medical students. University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine Clinical Clerkships Operation CommitteeM A Papadakis
University of California, San Francisco UCSF School of Medicine, 94143, USA
Acad Med 74:980-90. 1999..e., not course-by-course) approach to monitoring students' behaviors. The authors plan to compare the long-range performances of students identified by the evaluation system with those of their classmates...
- Unprofessional behavior in medical school is associated with subsequent disciplinary action by a state medical boardMaxine A Papadakis
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Acad Med 79:244-9. 2004..To determine if medical students who demonstrate unprofessional behavior in medical school are more likely to have subsequent state board disciplinary action...
- Disciplinary action by medical boards and prior behavior in medical schoolMaxine A Papadakis
School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA
N Engl J Med 353:2673-82. 2005..We also examined the specific types of behavior that are most predictive of disciplinary action against practicing physicians with unprofessional behavior in medical school...
- Early detection and evaluation of professionalism deficiencies in medical students: one school's approachM A Papadakis
Office of Student Affairs, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, 94143-0454, USA
Acad Med 76:1100-6. 2001..The authors describe their experience with this system, discuss lessons learned, and review future plans to expand the system to deal with residents' mistreatment of students...
- Remediation of the deficiencies of physicians across the continuum from medical school to practice: a thematic review of the literatureKaren E Hauer
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94143 0131, USA
Acad Med 84:1822-32. 2009..There is an urgent need for multiinstitutional, outcomes-based research on strategies for remediation of less than fully competent trainees and physicians with the use of long-term follow-up to determine the impact on future performance...
- Domains of unprofessional behavior during medical school associated with future disciplinary action by a state medical boardArianne Teherani
University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, Office of Medical Education, 521 Parnassus Avenue Room C 254, San Francisco, CA 94143 0410, USA
Acad Med 80:S17-20. 2005..This study expands on that work by identifying the domains of unprofessional behavior that are most problematic...
- A comparison of two methods to teach smoking-cessation techniques to medical studentsM A Papadakis
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine 94143, USA
Acad Med 72:725-7. 1997..To evaluate two smoking-cessation practice exercises, one using standardized patients (SPs), the other using role playing by medical students...
- The Step 2 clinical-skills examinationMaxine A Papadakis
Office of the Dean, Student Affairs, and the Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1703-5. 2004
- The relationship between measures of unprofessional behavior during medical school and indices on the California Psychological InventoryCarol S Hodgson
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Acad Med 82:S4-7. 2007..Similarly, law enforcement officers who received disciplinary action scored lower on certain scales of the California Psychological Inventory (CPI)...