Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- The role of inflammatory pathways in cancer-associated cachexia and radiation resistanceAaron Laine
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Radiation Oncology, 5801 Forest Park Road, Dallas, TX 75235
Mol Cancer Res 11:967-72. 2013..Herein we discuss the role of inflammatory pathways in CAC and examine the potential link between cachexia induction and radiation resistance...
- Genome-wide distribution of histone H4 Lysine 16 acetylation sites and their relationship to gene expressionNobuo Horikoshi
Department of Radiation Oncology, Division of Molecular Radiation Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Genome Integr 4:3. 2013..However, in mammalian cells, H4K16ac is not associated with dosage compensation and the genomic distribution of H4K16ac is not precisely known. Therefore, we have mapped the genome-wide H4K16ac distribution in human cells...
- Histone H4 lysine 16 acetylated isoform synthesis opens new route to biophysical studiesTej K Pandita
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proteomics 13:1546-7. 2013..This paper describes an improved method to prepare acetylated H4K16 as well as other covalently modified histone H4 isoform for biophysical studies...
- 14th International Workshop on Ataxia-Telangiectasia ATW2012Tej K Pandita
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas South Western Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA Electronic address
DNA Repair (Amst) 11:853-6. 2012..This report summarizes below a sampling of the many interesting results from the meeting...
- Tip60-mediated acetylation activates transcription independent apoptotic activity of AblZhihua Jiang
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Pittsburgh, PA 15240, USA
Mol Cancer 10:88. 2011..However, the mechanism/s leading to activation of Abl's apoptotic activity is currently unknown...
- Tumor-cell-specific targets for combined hyperthermia and radiation effectsTej K Pandita; Fiscal Year: 2010..If the proposed research is successfully carried out, the novel information generated from the proposed studies will be useful in designing tumor specific therapies. ..
- CHROMATIN MODIFYING FACTORS CONTROL RADIATION RESPONSE AND GENOMIC STABILITYTej K Pandita; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus understanding these mechanisms is critical to both cancer prevention as well as development of strategies to optimize targeted and combinatorial treatment regimens with regard to the disease Ataxia- Telangiectasia. ..
- Functional Characterization of the Mammalian MOF Gene ProductTej K Pandita; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ultimately, understanding the basis for biochemical differences in chromatin structure between normal and tumor tissue could provide strategies for modifying the response to IR that could be useful in clinical radiation therapy. ..
- CHROMATIN-TELOMERE STRUCTURE AND AT GENOMIC SENSITIVITYTEJ PANDITA; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide information impacting on understanding how ATM influences telomere chromatin structure, which in turn will help to define the role of ATM in maintaining genome integrity and normal cellular behavior. ..