G N Pandey
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Altered serotonin function in suicide. Evidence from platelet and neuroendocrine studiesG N Pandey
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago 60612, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 836:182-200. 1997..The observation that platelet 5-HT2A receptors are increased in suicidal patients independent of diagnosis provides a very useful potential biological marker for identifying suicidal patients...
- Antidepressants reduce phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C (PI-PLC) activity and the mRNA and protein expression of selective PLC beta 1 isozyme in rat brainY Dwivedi
Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1601 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Neuropharmacology 43:1269-79. 2002..Our results thus suggest that modulation of PI-PLC may be common to all classes of antidepressants, which in turn, may be associated with their mechanisms of action...
- ERK MAP kinase signaling in post-mortem brain of suicide subjects: differential regulation of upstream Raf kinases Raf-1 and B-RafY Dwivedi
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1601 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Mol Psychiatry 11:86-98. 2006....
- Antidepressants reverse corticosterone-mediated decrease in brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression: differential regulation of specific exons by antidepressants and corticosteroneY Dwivedi
Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1601 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Neuroscience 139:1017-29. 2006....
- A decrease of reelin expression as a putative vulnerability factor in schizophreniaF Impagnatiello
Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:15718-23. 1998..These findings are interpreted within a neurodevelopmental/vulnerability "two-hit" model for the etiology of schizophrenia...