Mary Val Palumbo
Affiliation: University of Vermont
- Education and employment characteristics of nurse preceptorsMary Val Palumbo
University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Contin Educ Nurs 43:472-80. 2012..This research clarifies similarities and differences among preceptors and nonpreceptors in an established statewide preceptor program...
- Tai Chi for older nurses: a workplace wellness pilot studyMary Val Palumbo
Office of Nursing Workforce, University of Vermont, Burlington, 05405 0068, USA
Appl Nurs Res 25:54-9. 2012....
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse supply in a small state: trends to inform policyMary Val Palumbo
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Policy Polit Nurs Pract 12:27-35. 2011..Implications for workforce planning and public policy are discussed...
- Perceptions of an ideal career versus perceptions of six health careersMary Val Palumbo
Office of Nursing Workforce, Research, Planning, and Development, University of Vermont, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Allied Health 37:8-14. 2008....
- Does a 'shadow workforce' of inactive nurses exist?Barbara McIntosh
School of Business Administration, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Nurs Econ 24:231-7, 227; quiz 238. 2006..The notion that large numbers of nurses are available to return to work is not supported by this study. Desirable benefits for those wishing to return are discussed...
- The volunteer potential of inactive nurses for disaster preparednessAlice Fothergill
Department of Sociology, 31 South Prospect Street, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405 0176, USA
Public Health Nurs 22:414-21. 2005..Inactive nurses' interest in volunteering for emergency preparedness was examined...
- Measuring the nursing workforce: clarifying the definitionsKyndaron Reinier
University of Vermont, USA
Med Care Res Rev 62:741-55. 2005..The Vermont pilot study results demonstrate that a richer profile of the health workforce can be obtained by using both standard workforce measures and more subjective questions to assess a statewide need for nurses...
- Education as a determinant of career retention and job satisfaction among registered nursesBetty Rambur
College of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 37:185-92. 2005..To compare job satisfaction and career retention in two cohorts of RNs, those whose highest degrees were the associate degree (AD) or the bachelor's degree (BS) in nursing...
- A statewide analysis of RNs' intention to leave their positionBetty Rambur
College of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Vermont, 105 Rowell, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Nurs Outlook 51:182-8. 2003
- Retaining an aging nurse workforce: perceptions of human resource practicesMary Val Palumbo
Office of Nursing Workforce, Research, Planning, and Development, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Nurs Econ 27:221-7, 232. 2009..This study provides an indicator of progress or lack of progress in addressing older nurse recruitment and retention, and also offers guidance for differentiating policies and practices for younger and older nurses...
- Middle school students' perceptions of an ideal career and a career in nursingJudith A Cohen
Department of Nursing, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Prof Nurs 20:202-10. 2004..Implications for the development of timely and effective nursing recruitment campaigns targeting middle school students are offered...
- A cross-disciplinary Statewide healthcare workforce analysisBetty Rambur
University of Vermont College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Allied Health 37:105-9. 2008..Nevertheless, vacancy and turnover rates in the hospital setting for all professions were comparatively modest. Implications for policy and research methods are detailed...
- Practical nurses' health and safety in nursing homesMary Val Palumbo
University of Vermont, USA
J Health Hum Serv Adm 34:271-301. 2011..These components were examined in relationship to work setting and intention to leave for the purpose of exploring workforce issues involving these important care providers of frail elders...
- Knowledge and perceptions of quality systems among Vermont laboratoriansSteven R Blumen
Department of Medical Laboratory and Radiation Sciences, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Public Health Rep 125:73-80. 2010....
- Combating the nursing shortage. Vermont's call to actionJudith A Cohen
Department of Nursing, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Vermont, 219 Rowell, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Nurs Leadersh Forum 8:3-12. 2003..Lessons for replication are underscored...
- Emergency preparedness volunteer training programAmanda K Matthews
Division of Community Public Health, Vermont Department of Health, 108 Cherry Street, Burlington, VT 05402, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract . 2005..The VDH must also develop a system to maintain regular contact with volunteers and clarify regulations regarding their scope of practice and liability...
- Male and female nurse dissatisfactionBetty Rambur
Health Aff (Millwood) 22:280-1. 2003