Lawrence A Palinkas
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Palinkas L, Suedfeld P. Psychological effects of polar expeditions. Lancet. 2008;371:153-63 pubmed..Promotion of salutogenic experiences is best accomplished by screening for suitable personality traits, and training participants in individual coping strategies, group interaction, and team leadership. ..
- Palinkas L, Horwitz S, Green C, Wisdom J, Duan N, Hoagwood K. Purposeful Sampling for Qualitative Data Collection and Analysis in Mixed Method Implementation Research. Adm Policy Ment Health. 2015;42:533-44 pubmed publisher....
- Palinkas L, Schoenwald S, Hoagwood K, Landsverk J, Chorpita B, Weisz J. An ethnographic study of implementation of evidence-based treatments in child mental health: first steps. Psychiatr Serv. 2008;59:738-46 pubmed publisher..Interactions between preimplementation factors and initial implementation experiences and between researchers and clinicians during the early implementation steps were related to intentions to sustain treatment. ..
- Palinkas L, Aarons G, Horwitz S, Chamberlain P, Hurlburt M, Landsverk J. Mixed method designs in implementation research. Adm Policy Ment Health. 2011;38:44-53 pubmed publisher..Complexity of design was associated with number of aims or objectives, study context, and phase of implementation examined. The findings provide suggestions for the use of mixed method designs in implementation research. ..
- Palinkas L, Spear S, Mendon S, Villamar J, Valente T, Chou C, et al. Measuring sustainment of prevention programs and initiatives: a study protocol. Implement Sci. 2016;11:95 pubmed publisher..This project is intended to improve sustainment of the supporting prevention infrastructure, activities, and outcomes that are funded by federal, state, community, and foundation sources. ..
- Palinkas L, Um M, Jeong C, Chor K, Olin S, Horwitz S, et al. Adoption of innovative and evidence-based practices for children and adolescents in state-supported mental health clinics: a qualitative study. Health Res Policy Syst. 2017;15:27 pubmed publisher..The results point to opportunities for using agency leader models to develop strategies to facilitate implementation of evidence-based and innovative practices for children and adolescents. ..
- Brown C, Curran G, Palinkas L, Aarons G, Wells K, Jones L, et al. An Overview of Research and Evaluation Designs for Dissemination and Implementation. Annu Rev Public Health. 2017;38:1-22 pubmed publisher..We also mention other designs, including hybrid designs that combine effectiveness and implementation research, quality improvement designs for local knowledge, and designs that use simulation modeling. ..