Affiliation: University of California
- The organization of HIV and other health activities within urban religious congregationsKartika Palar
Pardee RAND Graduate School, Santa Monica, CA, USA
J Urban Health 90:922-33. 2013..We discuss implications of each model for initiating and sustaining HIV activities within urban congregations over time. ..
- Role of antiretroviral therapy in improving food security among patients initiating HIV treatment and careKartika Palar
Department of Health Policy and Management, Fielding School of Public Health, University of California Los Angeles, USA
AIDS 26:2375-81. 2012..Few studies have examined the effects of ART on food insecurity, although studies suggest there may be a benefit via improved health and ability to work...
- Livelihood experiences and adherence to HIV antiretroviral therapy among participants in a food assistance pilot in Bolivia: a qualitative studyKartika Palar
Pardee RAND Graduate School, RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e61935. 2013..However, few studies have explored the perspectives of PLHIV regarding integration of livelihoods and ART in urban, resource-limited settings...
- Congregation-based programs to address HIV/AIDS: elements of successful implementationMalcolm V Williams
RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, CA, USA
J Urban Health 88:517-32. 2011..However, efforts to confront stigma directly were rare, suggesting a need for further research...
- Religious congregations' involvement in HIV: a case study approachKathryn Pitkin Derose
RAND Corporation, 1776 Main Street, PO Box 2138, Santa Monica, CA 90407 2138, USA
AIDS Behav 15:1220-32. 2011..However, activities that are mission-congruent, such as providing pastoral care for people with HIV, raising HIV awareness, and promoting HIV testing, appear easier for congregations to undertake than activities aimed at harm reduction...