M E Page
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Discrete local application of corticotropin-releasing factor increases locus coeruleus discharge and extracellular norepinephrine in rat hippocampusM E Page
Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Synapse 33:304-13. 1999..This is the first report to demonstrate a dose-dependent increase in extracellular NE levels evoked by intra-LC infusion of CRF in unanesthetized animals...
- Serotonergic mediation of the effects of fluoxetine, but not desipramine, in the rat forced swimming testM E Page
Departments of Psychiatry and Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, 3620 Hamilton Walk, 320 John Morgan Building, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 147:162-7. 1999..Distinct patterns of active behaviors in the FST may be mediated by distinct neurotransmitters, but this has not been shown directly...
- Effects of repeated 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine administration on neurotransmitter efflux and sensory-evoked discharge in the ventral posterior medial thalamusM A Starr
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 340:73-82. 2012....
- Antidepressant-like behavioral effects in 5-hydroxytryptamine(1A) and 5-hydroxytryptamine(1B) receptor mutant miceA J Mayorga
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6140, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 298:1101-7. 2001..These results suggest that 5-HT(1A) and 5-HT(1B) receptors have different roles in the modulation of the response to antidepressant drugs in the TST...
- Systemic administration of WIN 55,212-2 increases norepinephrine release in the rat frontal cortexV C Oropeza
Department of Neurosurgery, Farber Institute for Neurosciences, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Brain Res 1046:45-54. 2005..These effects may partially underlie changes in attention, arousal and anxiety observed following exposure to cannabis-based drugs...
- Localization of mu-opioid receptors to locus coeruleus-projecting neurons in the rostral medulla: morphological substrates and synaptic organizationE J van Bockstaele
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Synapse 34:154-67. 1999..These results indicate that the MOR is distributed along plasmalemmal sites of morphologically diverse neurons in the PGCl which project to the LC...
- MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine)-mediated distortion of somatosensory signal transmission and neurotransmitter efflux in the ventral posterior medial thalamusM A Starr
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Drexel University College of Medicine, 2900 Queen Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 327:20-31. 2008....