M E Page
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Discrete local application of corticotropin-releasing factor increases locus coeruleus discharge and extracellular norepinephrine in rat hippocampusM E Page
Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Synapse 33:304-13. 1999..This is the first report to demonstrate a dose-dependent increase in extracellular NE levels evoked by intra-LC infusion of CRF in unanesthetized animals...
- Serotonergic mediation of the effects of fluoxetine, but not desipramine, in the rat forced swimming testM E Page
Departments of Psychiatry and Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, 3620 Hamilton Walk, 320 John Morgan Building, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 147:162-7. 1999..Distinct patterns of active behaviors in the FST may be mediated by distinct neurotransmitters, but this has not been shown directly...
- Effects of repeated 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine administration on neurotransmitter efflux and sensory-evoked discharge in the ventral posterior medial thalamusM A Starr
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 340:73-82. 2012....
- Antidepressant-like behavioral effects in 5-hydroxytryptamine(1A) and 5-hydroxytryptamine(1B) receptor mutant miceA J Mayorga
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6140, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 298:1101-7. 2001..These results suggest that 5-HT(1A) and 5-HT(1B) receptors have different roles in the modulation of the response to antidepressant drugs in the TST...
- Systemic administration of WIN 55,212-2 increases norepinephrine release in the rat frontal cortexV C Oropeza
Department of Neurosurgery, Farber Institute for Neurosciences, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Brain Res 1046:45-54. 2005..These effects may partially underlie changes in attention, arousal and anxiety observed following exposure to cannabis-based drugs...
- Localization of mu-opioid receptors to locus coeruleus-projecting neurons in the rostral medulla: morphological substrates and synaptic organizationE J van Bockstaele
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Synapse 34:154-67. 1999..These results indicate that the MOR is distributed along plasmalemmal sites of morphologically diverse neurons in the PGCl which project to the LC...
- MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine)-mediated distortion of somatosensory signal transmission and neurotransmitter efflux in the ventral posterior medial thalamusM A Starr
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Drexel University College of Medicine, 2900 Queen Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 327:20-31. 2008..Based on these results, we propose the working hypothesis that MDMA may "distort" rather than enhance tactile experiences in humans, in part, by disrupting normal spike firing patterns through somatosensory thalamic relay circuits...