Aasim I Padela
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Brain death in Islamic ethico-legal deliberation: challenges for applied Islamic bioethicsAasim I Padela
Section of Emergency Medicine, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Bioethics 27:132-9. 2013..In this paper we analyze these verdicts from the perspective of applied Islamic bioethics and raise several questions that, if answered by future juridical councils, will better meet the needs of clinicians and bioethicists...
- Brain death: the challenges of translating medical science into Islamic bioethical discourseAasim I Padela
Program on Medicine and Religion, Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Med Law 31:433-50. 2012....
- American Muslim perceptions of healing: key agents in healing, and their rolesAasim I Padela
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Qual Health Res 22:846-58. 2012..Human agents served integral roles, influencing spiritual, psychological, and physical health. Additional research into how religiosity, health care systems, and community factors influence health-care-seeking behaviors is warranted...
- Religious values and healthcare accommodations: voices from the American Muslim communityAasim I Padela
Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 5068, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:708-15. 2012..There is limited empirical research on this community's preferences for cultural modifications in healthcare delivery...
- Islamic bioethics: between sacred law, lived experiences, and state authorityAasim I Padela
Initiative on Islam and Medicine, Program on Medicine and Religion, The University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 5068, Chicago, IL, USA
Theor Med Bioeth 34:65-80. 2013....