Affiliation: University of Texas
- Genome-scale microRNA and small interfering RNA screens identify small RNA modulators of TRAIL-induced apoptosis pathwayDmitriy Ovcharenko
Asuragen Inc, Austin, Texas, USA
Cancer Res 67:10782-8. 2007..Among the novel genes revealed in the screen, CDK4 was selected for further characterization. CDK4 was the only member of the cyclin-dependent kinase gene family that bore a unique function in apoptotic signal transduction...
- The let-7 microRNA represses cell proliferation pathways in human cellsCharles D Johnson
Asuragen, Inc, Texas, USA
Cancer Res 67:7713-22. 2007..This work reveals the let-7 microRNA to be a master regulator of cell proliferation pathways...
- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin as a survival factorZhimin Tong
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
Biochem J 391:441-8. 2005..Because NGAL is a secreted protein, it may play an extracellular role in cell defence against toxicants and/or facilitate the survival of the remaining cells...
- miR-10a overexpression is associated with NPM1 mutations and MDM4 downregulation in intermediate-risk acute myeloid leukemiaDmitriy Ovcharenko
Asuragen Inc, Austin, TX, USA
Exp Hematol 39:1030-1042.e7. 2011..After characterization and validation of miR-10a, which was specifically upregulated in nucleophosmin 1 (NPM1) mutant AML samples, functional consequences of miR-10a overexpression were further delineated in vitro...
- High-throughput RNAi screening in vitro: from cell lines to primary cellsDmitriy Ovcharenko
Ambion Inc, Austin, TX 78744, USA
RNA 11:985-93. 2005..The combination of high-throughput chemical reverse transfection and electroporation makes it possible to deliver libraries of siRNAs to virtually any cell type, enabling gene function analysis and discovery on a genome scale...
- Phylogenetic shadowing of primate sequences to find functional regions of the human genomeDario Boffelli
U S Department of Energy Joint Genome Institute, Walnut Creek, CA 94598, USA
Science 299:1391-4. 2003....
- High-throughput RNA interference strategies for target discovery and validation by using synthetic short interfering RNAs: functional genomics investigations of biological pathwaysChristoph Sachse
Cenix BioScience GmbH, Dreseden, Germany
Methods Enzymol 392:242-77. 2005..This chapter discusses technical aspects of how to perform such screens, what parameters to monitor, and which readouts to apply. Examples of homogenous assays and multiplexed high-content microscopy-based screens are demonstrated...