Krisann K Oursler
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Prediction of cardiorespiratory fitness in older men infected with the human immunodeficiency virus: clinical factors and value of the six-minute walk distanceKrisann K Oursler
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:2055-61. 2009..To investigate factors related to cardiorespiratory fitness in older human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients and to explore the utility of 6-minute walk distance (6-MWD) in measuring fitness...
- Association of age and comorbidity with physical function in HIV-infected and uninfected patients: results from the Veterans Aging Cohort StudyKrisann K Oursler
Departement of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Maryland Healthcare System, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1524, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 25:13-20. 2011..Longitudinal research with markers of disease severity is needed to investigate loss of physical function with aging, and to develop age-specific HIV care guidelines...
- Risk of heart failure with human immunodeficiency virus in the absence of prior diagnosis of coronary heart diseaseAdeel A Butt
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:737-43. 2011..Whether human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection is a risk factor for heart failure (HF) is not clear. The presence of coronary heart disease and alcohol consumption in this population may confound this association...
- Association of comorbidity with physical disability in older HIV-infected adultsKrisann K Oursler
University of Maryland School of Medicine, and Veterans Affairs VA Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 20:782-91. 2006..This suggests the importance of effectively treating comorbid conditions in persons with HIV, in order to reduce the overall impact of disease on physical functioning...
- HIV infection and risk for incident pulmonary diseases in the combination antiretroviral therapy eraKristina Crothers
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 183:388-95. 2011..In aging HIV-infected populations comorbid diseases are important determinants of morbidity and mortality. Pulmonary diseases have not been systematically assessed in the combination antiretroviral therapy (ART) era...
- Central activation, muscle performance, and physical function in men infected with human immunodeficiency virusWayne B Scott
Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, 100 Penn Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1082, USA
Muscle Nerve 36:374-83. 2007..Further investigation is warranted in a larger, more diverse population before more definitive claims are made...
- Study design and participant characteristics of a randomized controlled trial of directly administered antiretroviral therapy in opioid treatment programsBernadette Anna Mullen
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
BMC Infect Dis 11:45. 2011..Prior work from our group and others suggests that directly administered antiretroviral therapy (DAART) delivered in opioid treatment programs (OTPs) may increase rates of viral suppression...
- Aging and Physical Functioning in HIVKRISANN OURSLER; Fiscal Year: 2007....