Andrew K Ottens
Affiliation: University of Florida
- Rapid discovery of putative protein biomarkers of traumatic brain injury by SDS-PAGE-capillary liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryWilliam E Haskins
Center of Neuroproteomics and Biomarkers Research, Department of Neuroscience, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Neurotrauma 22:629-44. 2005..e., TBI) without a priori knowledge of the molecules involved...
- Proteolysis of multiple myelin basic protein isoforms after neurotrauma: characterization by mass spectrometryAndrew K Ottens
Department of Psychiatry, Centers for Neuroproteomics and Biomarker Research and Traumatic Brain Injury Studies at the McKnight Brain Institute of the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0256, USA
J Neurochem 104:1404-14. 2008..3 kDa fragment. Ultimately, the novel methodology described here can be used to study MBP dynamics and other similar proteolytic events of relevance to brain injury and other CNS processes...
- Neuroproteomics in neurotraumaAndrew K Ottens
Center of Neuroproteomics and Biomarkers Research, McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Mass Spectrom Rev 25:380-408. 2006..Ultimately, knowledge attained through neuroproteomics could lead to clinical diagnostics and therapeutics to lessen the burden of neurotrauma on society...
- Novel neuroproteomic approaches to studying traumatic brain injuryAndrew K Ottens
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Neuroproteomics and Biomarkers Research at the McKnight Brain Institute of the University of Florida, PO Box 100256, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Prog Brain Res 161:401-18. 2007..This chapter explores the use of neuroproteomics in the study of TBI and the validation of identified putative biomarkers for subsequent clinical translation into novel injury diagnostics...
- Calpain-mediated collapsin response mediator protein-1, -2, and -4 proteolysis after neurotoxic and traumatic brain injuryZhiqun Zhang
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Neuroproteomics and Biomarkers Research, McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Neurotrauma 24:460-72. 2007..It is possible that the calpain-mediated truncation of CRMPs following TBI may be an inhibiting factor for post-injury neurite regeneration...
- Novel differential neuroproteomics analysis of traumatic brain injury in ratsFiras H Kobeissy
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Neuroproteomics and Biomarkers Research, McKnight Brain Institute of the University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:1887-98. 2006..Results from this work provide insight into mechanisms of traumatic brain injury and yield putative biochemical markers to potentially facilitate patient management by monitoring the severity, progression, and treatment of injury...
- Psychoproteomic analysis of rat cortex following acute methamphetamine exposureFiras H Kobeissy
Center for Neuroproteomics and Biomarkers Research, Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, McKnight Brain Institute of the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Proteome Res 7:1971-83. 2008..Lastly, we used these differentially expressed protein subsets to construct a "psychoproteomic" spectrum map in an effort to uncover potential protein interactions relevant to acute METH neurotoxicity...
- A multidimensional differential proteomic platform using dual-phase ion-exchange chromatography-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis/reversed-phase liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometryAndrew K Ottens
Center for Neuroproteomics and Biomarker Research, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Anal Chem 77:4836-45. 2005..When combined with RPLC-MSMS for protein identification, an additional quantification step is performed for internal validation, confirming a 2-fold or greater change in 89% of identified differential targets...
- Calmodulin-binding proteome in the brainZhiqun Zhang
Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Methods Mol Biol 566:181-90. 2009..The general methods described here can be applied to study possible alternations of calmodulin-binding proteome in neurological, neurodegenerative, and psychiatric disorders...
- Proteomic identification of biomarkers of traumatic brain injuryKevin K W Wang
McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, L4 100, PO Box 100256, 100 S Newell Drive, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Expert Rev Proteomics 2:603-14. 2005..Lastly, the most important sequela of any proteomically identified TBI biomarker is validation in preclinical or clinical samples...
- Dynamics of the Traumatic Brain Injury Degradome.Andrew Ottens; Fiscal Year: 2007..An understanding of these events will foster development of novel diagnostics and therapeutics to reduce the burden of brain trauma on society. ..