Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Familial Mahaim syndromeP Ott
University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, 1501 N Campbell Avenue, Tucson, Arizona 85716, USA
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 6:272-5. 2001..A genetic transmission of supraventricular tachycardia has been described only in rare cases for the Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. No such data is available for the Mahaim syndrome...
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy: a new therapy for advanced congestive heart failurePeter Ott
Cardiac Electrophysiology Laboratory, Section of Cardiology, Sarver Heart Center, University Medical Center, 1501 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Am J Geriatr Cardiol 14:31-4. 2005..Cardiac resynchronization, by means of biventricular pacing, results in important clinical benefits. Due to the risk for malignant ventricular arrhythmias, this technology is best combined with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator...
- Two hearts and one defibrillatorPeter Ott
Sarver Heart Center, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 15:1220-1. 2004..Defibrillation testing induced ventricular fibrillation in his donor heart. To prevent this potentially lethal complication, defibrillator shock therapy must be synchronized to the donor heart R wave...
- Cardiac sarcoidosis masquerading as right ventricular dysplasiaPeter Ott
University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:1498-503. 2003..A diagnostic distinction, while often difficult to make, is important since treatment with corticosteroids may benefit those with sarcoidosis but is not expected to be useful in cases with ARVD or ARVC...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Ventricular fibrillation during swimming in a patient with long-QT syndromePeter Ott
University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Department of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Circulation 106:521-2. 2002
- Dual-loop intra-atrial re-entry tachycardia in a patient with ischaemic cardiomyopathyP Ott
University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Department of Medicine, Sarver Heart Center, Tucson 85724, USA
Europace 4:207-10. 2002..The new tachycardia was a right atrial free wall re-entry tachycardia. Thus the two atrial tachycardias formed a dual-loop ('figure-of-eight') re-entry circuit, possibly due to atrial scar tissue from multiple cardiac surgery procedures...
- Accelerometer-derived time intervals during various pacing modes in patients with biventricular pacemakers: comparison with normalsFrank I Marcus
University Medical Center, Sarver Heart Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 30:1476-81. 2007..This study evaluates a simple noninvasive method using accelerometers attached to the skin to measure cardiac time intervals in biventricularly paced patients...
- Inductionless or limited shock testing is possible in most patients with implantable cardioverter- defibrillators/cardiac resynchronization therapy defibrillators: results of the multicenter ASSURE Study (Arrhythmia Single Shock Defibrillation Threshold TJohn D Day
Utah Heart Clinic Arrhythmia Service, LDS Hospital, 324 10th Ave, 206, Salt Lake City, UT 84103, USA
Circulation 115:2382-9. 2007....
- Coronary sinus and fossa ovalis ablation: effect on interatrial conduction and atrial fibrillationPeter Ott
Sarver Heart Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 18:310-7. 2007..We assessed the feasibility of altering interatrial conduction by selectively ablating two of these conduction pathways using a novel mesh electrode ablation catheter...
- Electrocardiographic markers of sudden deathPeter Ott
Sarver Heart Center, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, 1501 N Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Cardiol Clin 24:453-69, x. 2006..However, it is quite useful in diagnosing less common cardiac conditions that are associated with an increased risk for sudden death...
- Direction of signal recording affects waveform characteristics of ventricular fibrillation in humans undergoing defibrillation testing during ICD implantationJulia H Indik
The Sarver Heart Center at The University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85724 5037, USA
Resuscitation 78:38-45. 2008..However, it is unknown whether the VF waveform is dependent on recording direction, which could be altered by incorrect placement of AED patches...
- A puzzling telemetry tracingPeter Ott
Sarver Heart Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Europace 8:459. 2006
- An 18-year-old man with peculiar QRS complexesJulia H Indik
University of Arizona, Sarver Heart Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Am J Med 118:222-4. 2005
- An elderly woman with AV block in sinus rhythm and conducted atrial tachycardiaJulia H Indik
The Sarver Heart Center, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5037, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 28:67-70. 2005
- Syncope with ST-segment abnormalities resembling Brugada syndrome due to reversible myocardial ischemiaJulia H Indik
Sarver Heart Center, University of Arizona, Tucson 85724 5037, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 25:1270-3. 2002..Electrophysiological study did not provoke any ventricular arrhythmias. Silent myocardial ischemia may result in ECG changes that resemble those seen in patients with Brugada syndrome...
- Atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass graft surgeryPeter Ott
J Electrocardiol 39:55-6. 2006
- The value of plasma acetaminophen half-life in antidote-treated acetaminophen overdosageFrank Vinholt Schiødt
Medical Department A, Division of Hepatology A 2121, Rigshospitalet, Medical Clinic I, Bispebjerg Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Pharmacol Ther 71:221-5. 2002..Acetaminophen half-life has not been studied in patients receiving the antidote N -acetylcysteine...
- Plasma concentration of Gc-globulin is associated with organ dysfunction and sepsis after injuryBenny Dahl
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA
Crit Care Med 31:152-6. 2003..Herein, we sought to measure the association between admission levels of Gc-globulin and postinjury organ dysfunction and infection. We also wanted to describe the serial changes in Gc-globulin in these severely injured patients...
- Left bundle branch block is not good for your heartPeter Ott
Heart Rhythm 4:314-5. 2007
- [Wilson's disease in a 15-year-old boy diagnosed in connection with a febrile episode]Birgitte Vind
Helsingør Sygehus, Medicinsk afdeling
Ugeskr Laeger 166:1025-6. 2004
- [Surgical risk for patients with liver disease]Peter Jepsen
Arhus Universitetshospital, Arhus Sygehus, Klinisk Epidemiologisk Afdeling, Arhus C
Ugeskr Laeger 168:4299-302. 2006....
- Galactose elimination capacity as a prognostic marker in patients with severe acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity: 10 years' experienceLars E Schmidt
Department of Hepatology A, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:418-24. 2004..We investigated the prognostic potential of the galactose elimination capacity (GEC) as a noninvasive measurement of functioning liver cell mass in severe acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity...
- The Brugada syndrome: can we predict the risk?Peter Ott
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 17:608-9. 2006
- Moving partsNeil S Freund
Native American Cardiology Program, University Medical Center, Tucson, USA
Am J Med 121:586-8. 2008