Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Child maltreatment and mediating influences of childhood personality types on the development of adolescent psychopathologyAssaf Oshri
Department of Clinical and Social Sciences in Psychology, Mt Hope Family Center, University of Rochester, NY 14627, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 42:287-301. 2013..These findings have important implications for prevention and intervention of psychopathology and substance abuse among low income and maltreated youth...
- Childhood maltreatment histories, alcohol and other drug use symptoms, and sexual risk behavior in a treatment sample of adolescentsAssaf Oshri
Department of Clinical and Social Sciences, Mt Hope Family Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14608, USA
Am J Public Health 102:S250-7. 2012....
- Developmental pathways to adolescent cannabis abuse and dependence: child maltreatment, emerging personality, and internalizing versus externalizing psychopathologyAssaf Oshri
Mt Hope Family Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14608, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 25:634-44. 2011..Understanding developmental pathways by which maltreatment experiences increase risk for substance abuse and dependence symptoms in youth has far-reaching implications for the treatment and prevention of substance use disorders...
- Child neglect and the development of externalizing behavior problems: associations with maternal drug dependence and neighborhood crimeJody Todd Manly
University of Rochester, Mt Hope Family Center, Rochester, NY 14608, USA
Child Maltreat 18:17-29. 2013..The roles of MDDD, child neglect, and community violence in the development of child psychopathology are discussed in terms of their implications for intervention...
- The role of limbic system irritability in linking history of childhood maltreatment and psychiatric outcomes in low-income, high-risk women: moderation by FK506 binding protein 5 haplotypeMelissa N Dackis
University of Rochester, NY, USA
Dev Psychopathol 24:1237-52. 2012..In addition, this study revealed a potential role of FKBP5 gene variants in contributing to risk for limbic system dysfunction...
- Pathways from harsh parenting to adolescent antisocial behavior: a multidomain test of gender moderationMandi L Burnette
Department of Clinical and Social Sciences in Psychology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627 0266, USA
Dev Psychopathol 24:857-70. 2012..We discussed the importance of these findings with regard to intervention planning for youth at risk for ASB and future gender-informed models of ASB...
- Psychiatric symptom typology in a sample of youth receiving substance abuse treatment services: associations with self-reported child maltreatment and sexual risk behaviorsAssaf Oshri
Mt Hope Family Center, University of Rochester, NY 14608, USA
AIDS Behav 15:1844-56. 2011....
- Differential expression of social dominance as a function of age and maltreatment experienceMichael Teisl
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Dev Psychol 48:575-88. 2012..Results are discussed in terms of the influence of maltreatment on the social development of children, and intervention approaches for limiting these deleterious effects are recommended...
- The relations among maternal depressive disorder, maternal expressed emotion, and toddler behavior problems and attachmentJulie A Gravener
Clinical and Social Sciences in Psychology, University of Rochester, Mt Hope Family Center, Rochester, NY, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 40:803-13. 2012..Findings are consistent with a conceptual model in which maternal EE mediates relations between maternal depression and toddler socio-emotional functioning...
- From child maltreatment to adolescent cannabis abuse and dependence: a developmental cascade modelFred A Rogosch
Mt Hope Family Center, University of Rochester, 187 Edinburgh St, Rochester, NY 14608, USA
Dev Psychopathol 22:883-97. 2010....
- Interactive effects of corticotropin releasing hormone receptor 1, serotonin transporter linked polymorphic region, and child maltreatment on diurnal cortisol regulation and internalizing symptomatologyDante Cicchetti
Mt Hope Family Center, University of Rochester, NY, USA
Dev Psychopathol 23:1125-38. 2011..The findings support an allostatic load perspective on the effects of the chronic stress associated with child maltreatment on cortisol regulation and internalizing symptomatology as moderated by genetic variation...
- The impact of neglect on initial adaptation to schoolJody Todd Manly
1Mt Hope Family Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Child Maltreat 18:155-70. 2013..Conversely, when NP was extreme, the effects of ER were attenuated and ER ceased to predict behavioral performance in kindergarten. The implications of these findings for prevention and intervention are discussed. ..
- Child maltreatment, attachment security, and internal representations of mother and mother-child relationshipsErin Pickreign Stronach
Clinical and Social Sciences in Psychology, University of Rochester, Mt Hope Family Center, Rochester, NY 14608, USA
Child Maltreat 16:137-45. 2011..Implications of these results for developmental theory and intervention with maltreated children are discussed...
- Sexual Sensation Seeking, Co-occurring Sex and Alcohol Use, and Sexual Risk Behavior among Adolescents in Treatment for Substance Use ProblemsAssaf Oshri
University of Rochester, Rochester, New York
Am J Addict 22:197-205. 2013....