Affiliation: University of California
- Toward an understanding of the cerebral substrates of woman's orgasmFrancesco Bianchi-Demicheli
Psychosomatic Gynaecology and Sexology Unit, Emergency and Liaison Services, Geneva University Psychiatric Centre, Switzerland
Neuropsychologia 45:2645-59. 2007..Further studies using a multi-disciplinary approach are needed to identify the spatio-temporal dynamic of a woman's orgasm, its dysfunctions and possible new treatments...
- The neural basis of love as a subliminal prime: an event-related functional magnetic resonance imaging studyS Ortigue
J Cogn Neurosci 19:1218-30. 2007..More precisely, love primes recruited the fusiform and angular gyri. Our findings suggest that love, as a subliminal prime, involves a specific neural network that surpasses a dopaminergic-motivation system...
- [Unconscious sexual desire: fMRI and EEG evidences from self-expansion theory to mirror neurons]Stephanie Ortigue
Department of Psychology, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 13244, USA
Rev Med Suisse 6:620-2, 624. 2010....
- The chronoarchitecture of human sexual desire: a high-density electrical mapping studyStephanie Ortigue
4D Brain Electrodynamics Laboratory, UCSB Brain Imaging Center, Sage Center for the Study of the Mind, Institute for Collaborative Biotechnologies, and Department of Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
Neuroimage 43:337-45. 2008....
- New electroencephalogram (EEG) neuroimaging methods of analyzing brain activity applicable to the study of human sexual responseStephanie Ortigue
4D Brain Electrodynamics Laboratory, Sage Center for the Study of the Mind, Department of Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
J Sex Med 6:1830-45. 2009..Electroencephalogram (EEG) combined with brain source localization algorithms is becoming a powerful tool in the neuroimaging study of human cerebral functions...
- Correlation between insula activation and self-reported quality of orgasm in womenStephanie Ortigue
Dartmouth Brain Imaging Center, Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Dartmouth College, 6162 Moore Hall, Hanover, NH, USA
Neuroimage 37:551-60. 2007....
- [Interactions between human sexual arousal and sexual desire: a challenge for social neuroscience]Stephanie Ortigue
Sage Center for the Study of the Mind, Department of Psychology, University of California Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Rev Med Suisse 3:809-13. 2007..Recent functional imaging has played a key role in seeking to isolate brain regions specific to sexual arousal. This field may represent a new challenge for social neuroscience...
- Neuroimaging of love: fMRI meta-analysis evidence toward new perspectives in sexual medicineStephanie Ortigue
Department of Psychology, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, USA
J Sex Med 7:3541-52. 2010....
- Improving human brain mapping via joint inversion of brain electrodynamics and the BOLD signalKevin S Brown
Department of Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Neuroimage 49:2401-15. 2010....
- Spatio-temporal dynamics of human intention understanding in temporo-parietal cortex: a combined EEG/fMRI repetition suppression paradigmStephanie Ortigue
Department of Psychology, Institute for Collaborative Biotechnologies, UCSB Brain Imaging Center, Santa Barbara, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e6962. 2009..These results reveal the dynamic involvement of temporal and parietal networks at multiple stages during the intention decoding and without a strict segregation of intention decoding between these networks...
- Understanding actions of others: the electrodynamics of the left and right hemispheres. A high-density EEG neuroimaging studyStephanie Ortigue
4D Brain Electrodynamics Laboratory, Department of Psychology, UCSB Brain Imaging Center, Institute for Collaborative Biotechnologies, University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e12160. 2010..e. grasping for drinking). Here we examined the temporal dynamics of the brain activations that follow the observation of a motor act and underlie the observer's capacity to understand what the agent is doing and why...
- Intention, false beliefs, and delusional jealousy: insights into the right hemisphere from neurological patients and neuroimaging studiesStephanie Ortigue
Department of Psychology, Syracuse University, New York, NY, USA
Med Sci Monit 17:RA1-11. 2011..By combining findings from case reports and neuroimaging data, the present article allows for a novel and unique perspective, and explores new directions into the neurological jealous mind...
- Why is your spouse so predictable? Connecting mirror neuron system and self-expansion model of loveStephanie Ortigue
Department of Psychology, University of California Santa Barbara, 93106 Santa Barbara, CA, USA
Med Hypotheses 71:941-4. 2008..Although the psychology of love is now well admitted, the systematic study of the automatic facilitation effect of love through mirror mechanisms might open a new avenue towards the social mind and also self consciousness...
- Electrical neuroimaging reveals early generator modulation to emotional wordsStephanie Ortigue
The Functional Brain Mapping Laboratory, The Neurology Clinic, University Hospital of Geneva, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Neuroimage 21:1242-51. 2004..These data support the existence of a specialized brain network triggered by the emotional connotation of words at a very early processing stage...
- Rapid discrimination of visual and multisensory memories revealed by electrical neuroimagingMicah M Murray
The Functional Brain Mapping Laboratory, Neurology Clinic, University Hospital of Geneva, 1211, Geneva, Switzerland
Neuroimage 21:125-35. 2004....
- Audio-visual multisensory integration in superior parietal lobule revealed by human intracranial recordingsSophie Molholm
Cognitive Neurophysiology Lab, Program in Cognitive Neuroscience and Schizophrenia, Nathan S Kline Inst for Psychiatric Research, 140 Old Orangeburg Rd, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
J Neurophysiol 96:721-9. 2006..These results are discussed in the context of the role of SPL in supramodal spatial attention and sensory-motor transformations...
- Preattentive interference between touch and audition: a case study on multisensory alloesthesiaStephanie Ortigue
Functional Brain Mapping Laboratory, Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Neuroreport 16:865-8. 2005..Our data suggest that auditory-tactile integration and multisensory alloesthesia not only depend on attentional mechanisms, but also on somatotopic preattentive mechanisms...
- Brain state-dependent functional hemispheric specialization in men but not in womenChristine Mohr
The Functional Brain Mapping Laboratory of the Neurology Clinic, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Cereb Cortex 15:1451-8. 2005..We suggest that 'split-brain' research may be marginally describable by a model, but only in exceptional situations, while in connected brains this functional hemispheric specialization is only one of many dynamic states...