R A Oppliger
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- New equations improve NIR prediction of body fat among high school wrestlersR A Oppliger
Physical Therapy Graduate Program, The University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242 1997, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 30:536-43. 2000..Methodologic study to derive prediction equations for percent body fat (%BF)...
- Hydration testing of athletesRobert A Oppliger
Iowa Wrestling Research, 1903 Grantwood Street, Iowa City, IA 52240, USA
Sports Med 32:959-71. 2002..Medical personnel can use this information to maximise their team's athletic performance and minimise heat- and dehydration-related health risks to athletes...
- NCAA rule change improves weight loss among national championship wrestlersRobert A Oppliger
Iowa Wrestling Research, Iowa City, 52240, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 38:963-70. 2006..Part 2 examined rapid weight loss (RWL) during the 20 h preceding the weigh-in and the rapid weight gained (RWG) during the first day's competition...
- Clinical diagnosis and the order of informationG R Bergus
Department of Family Medicine, The University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Med Decis Making 18:412-7. 1998..Information order can influence judgment. However, it remains unclear whether the order of clinical data affects physicians' interpretations of these data when they are engaged in familiar diagnostic tasks...
- Blood and urinary measures of hydration status during progressive acute dehydrationL A Popowski
Department of Exercise Science, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 33:747-53. 2001..Usg and Uosm are also sensitive to changes in hydration status but lag behind during periods of rapid body fluid turnover and therefore correlate only moderately with Posm during acute dehydration...
- Cross-validation of the NCAA method to predict body fat for minimum weight in collegiate wrestlersR Randall Clark
U W Hospital Sports Medicine Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 53711, USA
Clin J Sport Med 12:285-90. 2002..The objective of the study was to cross-validate the method used by the NCAA to estimate minimum weight in collegiate wrestlers...
- Accuracy of urine specific gravity and osmolality as indicators of hydration statusRobert A Oppliger
Iowa Wrestling Research, Iowa City, IA 52240, USA
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 15:236-51. 2005..Research focused on elucidating the factors affecting accurate assessment of hydration status appears warranted...
- Weight loss practices of college wrestlersRobert A Oppliger
Iowa Wrestling Research, 1903 Grantwood St, Iowa City, IA 52240, USA
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 13:29-46. 2003..The purpose of this investigation was to examine the weight management (WM) behaviors of collegiate wrestlers after the implementation of the NCAA's new weight control rules...