Affiliation: University of California
- Neurocysticercosis in radiographically imaged seizure patients in U.S. emergency departmentsSamuel Ong
Olive View University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center, Sylmar, California 91342, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 8:608-13. 2002..This disease appears to be widely distributed and highly prevalent in certain populations (e.g., Hispanic patients) and areas (e.g., Southwest)...
- Antibiotic use for emergency department patients with upper respiratory infections: prescribing practices, patient expectations, and patient satisfactionSamuel Ong
Olive View University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, Sylmar, CA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 50:213-20. 2007..We evaluate the factors that physicians in the emergency department (ED) consider when prescribing antibiotics (eg, patient expectations) and the factors associated with patient satisfaction...
- Decision instrument for the isolation of pneumonia patients with suspected pulmonary tuberculosis admitted through US emergency departmentsGregory J Moran
Department of Medicine, Division of Emergency Medicine, Olive View University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, Sylmar, CA 91342, USA
Ann Emerg Med 53:625-32. 2009..We created a decision instrument to predict which pneumonia patients do not need admission to a TB isolation bed...
- Antibiotic use for emergency department patients with acute diarrhea: Prescribing practices, patient expectations, and patient satisfactionDavid J Karras
Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Ann Emerg Med 42:835-42. 2003..We evaluated factors emergency physicians consider in prescribing antibiotics to patients with diarrhea and examined patient expectations, physician-perceived patient expectations, and patient satisfaction...
- Epidemiology of animal exposures presenting to emergency departmentsMark T Steele
University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine Truman Medical Center, Kansas City, MO, USA
Acad Emerg Med 14:398-403. 2007..To describe the epidemiology of emergency department mammalian animal exposures and to compare adult and pediatric exposure characteristics...