Affiliation: University of California
- A time-series analysis of the effect of increased copayments on the prescription of antidepressants, anxiolytics, and sedatives in Sweden from 1990 to 1999Michael Ong
University of California, San Francisco, Division of General Internal Medicine, Ambulatory Care Center, 400 Parnassus Avenue, Box 0320, San Francisco, CA 94143 0320, USA
Clin Ther 25:1262-75. 2003..Outpatient prescription medication spending in Sweden has increased sharply since 1974. The Swedish government has raised copayments to reduce medication consumption and limit the growth of medication spending...
- Population stress and the Swedish sex ratioRalph Catalano
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 9420 7360, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 19:413-20. 2005..Implications include that surveillance systems might monitor dispensing of anxiolytics and antidepressants as a marker for population stress thought to be a risk factor for adverse pregnancy outcomes such as preterm delivery...
- A major state tobacco tax increase, the master settlement agreement, and cigarette consumption: the California experienceHai Yen Sung
Institute for Health and Aging, School of Nursing, University of California at San Francisco, 94118, USA
Am J Public Health 95:1030-5. 2005....
- The benefits of switching smoking cessation drugs to over-the-counter statusTheodore E Keeler
Department of Economics, University of California, Berkeley 94720-3880, USA
Health Econ 11:389-402. 2002..8-2 billion dollars, based on conservative estimates both of the number of quits achieved and the value of added quality-adjusted life years from the reduced smoking...
- The effect of a major cigarette price change on smoking behavior in california: a zero-inflated negative binomial modelMei ling Sheu
School of Health Care Administration, Taipei Medical University, 250 Wu Hsing St, Taipei 110, Taiwan
Health Econ 13:781-91. 2004..Additional underlying behavioral factors need to be identified so that more effective anti-smoking strategies can be developed...
- Rationale and public health implications of changing CHD risk factor definitionsRobert M Kaplan
Departments of Health Services and Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 28:321-44. 2007..Estimates of the numbers of people affected, the cost implications, and the overall public health consequences are offered...