Michelle C Odden
Affiliation: University of California
- The impact of the aging population on coronary heart disease in the United StatesMichelle C Odden
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 1211, USA
Am J Med 124:827-33.e5. 2011..We sought to estimate the impact of the aging US population on coronary heart disease...
- Physical functioning in elderly persons with kidney diseaseMichelle C Odden
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 1211, USA
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 17:348-57. 2010..More research on potential interventions to prevent or reduce poor physical functioning is needed in elderly persons with kidney disease...
- Age and cystatin C in healthy adults: a collaborative studyMichelle C Odden
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:463-9. 2010..The effect of age on kidney function has not been well described in a healthy population across a wide age spectrum...
- Serum creatinine and functional limitation in elderly personsMichelle C Odden
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 64:370-6. 2009..We hypothesized that higher serum creatinine would be associated with self-reported functional limitation in community-dwelling elderly...
- Association between chronic kidney disease detected using creatinine and cystatin C and death and cardiovascular events in elderly Mexican Americans: the Sacramento Area Latino Study on AgingCarmen A Peralta
Department of Medicine, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:90-5. 2013..The authors sought to determine whether cystatin C, an alternative marker of kidney function less biased by these factors, can identify elderly Mexican Americans with CKD who are at high risk for death and cardiovascular disease...
- Cystatin C and measures of physical function in elderly adults: the Health, Aging, and Body Composition (HABC) StudyMichelle C Odden
General Internal Medicine Section, San Francisco VA Medical Center, Department of Nephrology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Am J Epidemiol 164:1180-9. 2006..73 m2. In these older adults, mild decrements in kidney function, as measured by cystatin C concentration, were associated with poorer physical function...
- Cystatin C level as a marker of kidney function in human immunodeficiency virus infection: the FRAM studyMichelle C Odden
Department of Medicine, San FranciscoVeterans Affairs Medical Center 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:2213-9. 2007..Cystatin C measurement may be more sensitive than creatinine for detecting impaired kidney function in persons with HIV...
- The relative safety of ephedra compared with other herbal productsStephen Bent
Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, and San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, 111 A1, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Ann Intern Med 138:468-71. 2003..Ephedra is widely used in dietary supplements that are marketed to promote weight loss or increase energy; however, the safety of this product has been questioned because of numerous case reports of adverse events...
- Renal function and heart failure risk in older black and white individuals: the Health, Aging, and Body Composition StudyKirsten Bibbins-Domingo
Division of General Internal Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, CA 94143 1364, USA
Arch Intern Med 166:1396-402. 2006..Our objective was to determine whether the association of chronic kidney disease with incident heart failure differs between blacks and whites...
- Health Benefits of Reducing Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Intake in High Risk Populations of California: Results from the Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Policy ModelTekeshe A Mekonnen
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America Division of General Internal Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America UCSF Center for Vulnerable Populations at San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e81723. 2013..Reduction of SSB intake and the potential impact on health outcomes in California and among racial, ethnic, and low-income sub-groups has not been quantified...
- Diabetes-related complications, glycemic control, and falls in older adultsAnn V Schwartz
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94107 1762, USA
Diabetes Care 31:391-6. 2008..We determined whether diabetes-related complications or treatments are associated with risk of falls in older diabetic adults...
- Depression, stress, and quality of life in persons with chronic kidney disease: the Heart and Soul StudyMichelle C Odden
Section of General Internal Medicine, San Francisco VA Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Nephron Clin Pract 103:c1-7. 2006..The effect of mild chronic kidney disease (CKD) on depression, stress, quality of life (QOL), and health status is not well understood. We compared these outcomes in subjects with and without CKD...